SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Neighbors! Called the Police on us for dog fighting.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neighbors! Called the Police on us for dog fighting. Login/Join 
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted
I ran out for coffee yesterday (Saturday morning) only to return to a K9 Trooper walking across my lawn toward the front door.

He turned around and approached me as I pulled up and informed me that the neighbors called in a report for dog fighting at my residence.

Guys, we have Shih_Tzus! Who the fuck fights Shih_Tzus?

I let him in the house, introduced him to our pack, including the 3 we're fostering for Grandma as she recovers from a fall. He takes one look at the happy, well fed dogs, the individual crates they are kenneled in, and shakes his head.

He apologizes for bothering us, and gets on his radio to report his findings.

I swear the next time I hear the neighbors kids screaming and fighting, I'm gonna call in a child abuse report.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
sure... we know..... you had the pitt bulls hidden in the cellar. LOL

Interesting they would send a k-9 unit to a check our a report of dogs fighting. Wonder if they just happened to be the closest unit.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
There's a chance that it was just a misunderstanding/miscommunication...

For example: Neighbor gets tired of having to listen to the large group of dogs barking/growling/play-fighting. Calls to complain about the noise. Dispatcher hears "neighbor's dogs fighting in backyard all day". Dispatches officer to investigate dog fighting complaint.

Police calls can sometimes be like the old elementary school game of "Telephone", where the phrase gets misheard and miscommunicated as it goes around the circle between all the various players, ending up different than what was originally said. Especially when dealing with poorly trained, inattentive, or inexperienced dispatchers, or callers who can't communicate their thoughts clearly (which is many/most of them).

But if it really was just a simple noise complaint, the neighborly thing to do would be to try to address it man-to-man first anyway.

And it's just as likely, if not more likely, that your neighbor is simply a dick, and figured that would get more of a response than just a noise complaint. Or at least an idiot with an overactive imagination, prone to bouts of hysteria over mundane things like dogs barking.

Posts: 32426 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndyRob:

I swear the next time I hear the neighbors kids screaming and fighting, I'm gonna call in a child abuse report.

Hey, that's a really good idea.

Life will get better for sure!

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:

He's venting. That's what this forum section is for.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:

Can't breathe. Laughing. OMG. Hahaha! Snort. HAHAHAHA! Tears now.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Everybody was Shih Tzu fighting!
Those dogs are fast as lightning.
Except when they're all napping,
Or at the water bowl lapping.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
There's a chance that it was just a misunderstanding/miscommunication...

For example: Neighbor gets tired of having to listen to the large group of dogs barking/growling/play-fighting. Calls to complain about the noise. Dispatcher hears "neighbor's dogs fighting in backyard all day". Dispatches officer to investigate dog fighting complaint.

Police calls can sometimes be like the old elementary school game of "Telephone", where the phrase gets misheard and miscommunicated as it goes around the circle between all the various players, ending up different than what was originally said. Especially when dealing with poorly trained, inattentive, or inexperienced dispatchers, or callers who can't communicate their thoughts clearly (which is many/most of them).

But if it really was just a simple noise complaint, the neighborly thing to do would be to try to address it man-to-man first anyway.

And it's just as likely, if not more likely, that your neighbor is simply a dick, and figured that would get more of a response than just a noise complaint. Or at least an idiot with an overactive imagination, prone to bouts of hysteria over mundane things like dogs barking.

Our dogs aren't outside all day, nor are they barking and carrying on. The only time they get excitable is when I let them out in the morning. This isn't our first run in with the neighbors, the husband and I get along fine, but the wife is a real bitch.
I had a polite conversation with him when their dog antagonized our dogs by coming into our yard and barking through the fence. I spoke to the husband and thought the matter was taken care of until I caught the wife encouraging her dog to shit on our front lawn.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Everybody was Shih Tzu fighting!
Those dogs are fast as lightning.
Except when they're all napping,
Or at the water bowl lapping.

I see what you did there.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:

He's venting. That's what this forum section is for.

Oh, gosh, O golly, I didn t realize. Really? No, really? Thanks, V Tail!

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Ooooooh... MEME FIGHT!

Okay, I want a clean fight, gentlemen. No biting, groin strikes, Rick-rolling, or Yo' Mama jokes.

Touch keyboards.

GET IT ON!

Posts: 32426 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Jeez, Rogue, channeling the Marquess of Queensberry?, are we?

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Somebody has a burr under his saddle.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is the most ferocious one I could find on YouTube Big Grin

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMKMvTIcko0

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rogue,

You made me LOL. Thanks for the laugh.

Jake

Posts: 271 | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
When my Husky/GSD and Black Mouth Cur play you would swear they were killing each other. An outsider would definitely believe they were in danger of harm.

But even my 11 year old can walk in the middle of them and end it, they are just playing.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
RichardC, since you seem to have some strong feelings about this one, what do you suggest IndyRob should do? Let's go full knitting circle on this one....

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take them outside the offending neighbors house and allow them to bark for 20 minutes each day.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/2510026734

Posts: 12577 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks TatorTodd that was good, made my day.
We only have one Shih Tzu and he is kind of hamered right now outside, we have 15" of snow!
He does much better in the areas I plowed! Smile
Though he does like to follow me around when I go get firewood out of the shed.
Also enjoys riding in a milk crate on the ATV, only when it is above 10°.

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post