SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The End of Daylight Wasting Time ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The End of Daylight Wasting Time ? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
We should set all the clocks back 24-hours...... Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Florida to the rescue!

PNJ article
"Sens. Marco Rubio and Rick Scott and Rep. Vern Buchanan introduced the Sunshine Protection Act in Congress that would make daylight saving time permanent across the country."

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I’d like to set the clock back about 60 years, and leave it there.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
What are you folks babbling about? Cool

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
What are you folks babbling about? Cool

It's this weird thing we like to do twice a year in the rest of the U.S. We change all the clocks in our house and cars, and just for the fun of it we change them back again six months later to where they were before. Kinda keeps us on our toes.

You desert people wouldn't understand Razz

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
We should set all the clocks back 24-hours...... Big Grin

You can’t do that.
Today would be tomorrow, and I see what you did.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
I'm an early to bed early to rise kind of guy. It would be fine with me if we stayed on MST all year round like Arizona does.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I solved the problem 10 years ago when I retired. Its easy, I go to bed when I'm tired or there is nothing on cable that interests me. I wake up when my wife yells at me the 10th time to get up, I do. That often is around the crack of noon. Anyone expecting me before noonish is a fool. I have no idea what an hour does. I'm guessing no difference at all.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Cue the articles linking this weekend's lost hour of sleep to all sorts of carnage, plane crashes, car wrecks, divorce, industrial accidents, etc.

Seriously? We're to believe that one hour "lost" affects all us delicate flowers so intensely we can barely make it through the next few days without careening off a cliff?

If that's true, we should definitely ban all travel outside a person's home time zone.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sandman76:
I'm an early to bed early to rise kind of guy. It would be fine with me if we stayed on MST all year round like Arizona does.

Same here. I like to see the natural transitions of the sun as the year progresses. It somehow feels more natural than artificially moving clocks around. The daylight hours are few in the winter and many in the summer. Moving the local UTC offset doesn't change that. And I'm tired of the .gov telling us what "time" it is.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Since I no longer wear a watch, all devices that I own that tell time, automatically change themselves. I work nights, so it's dark when I go in and daylight when I go home. We could change the time back and forth every other weekend and it won't make a difference to me. I really couldn't care less one way or the other if they keep DST or not, but I bet by Tuesday most people will be over it.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Cue the articles linking this weekend's lost hour of sleep to all sorts of carnage, plane crashes, car wrecks, divorce, industrial accidents, etc...

One of the Chicago TV stations was spewing that nonsense a couple days ago, something about heart attacks increasing.

I thought we had gotten past that, but apparently not.

My girlfriend didn't reset her clock radio last night, since it has an automatic feature that handles the time changes for her. Unfortunately, she unwittingly disabled the function for some reason a while back, and ended up sleeping late.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How can anyone be against that which gives corn an extra hour of growing light?

Razz

Posts: 2538 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:
How can anyone be against that which gives corn an extra hour of growing light?
Maybe we could go to double daylight time and get two extra hours of corn growing time every day.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm for Daily Savings Time.

Each day at 4pm, the clocks move forward an hour and everyone gets to go home early. Then at 4am, the clocks move back an hour and everyone gets an additional hour of sleep.

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post