SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Fox News App
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fox News App Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
Every time this stupid app updates it gets more bloated and unusable. They have removed all the sections now and made the entire app one giant scroll. Every update adds more pictures and videos, if I wanted to watch Fox News I'd turn on my TV, I just rather read please. It started off so simple now it's annoyingly cumbersome.

I'm using Android, anyone have any suggestions for news app?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Following, as I’d love an app that had decent news coverage, well organized, to READ rather than watch a series of clipped videos.

Seriously, do we have to turn everything into a YouTube like moment?

I’m thinking some paper with an online presence would work but they’re all either too local or too whackadoo.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Suggestion? All the news apps suck bawlz.

I deleted them all several years ago.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Whatfinger. They organize well, and all the vids are on the right column. I often read down the left, then set up my iPad on the stationary bike and watch some vids. Tom Fitton usually has some good commentary.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
I dumped the Fox News app a year or so ago when it wouldn't quit prompting me to rate it. I had already left a rating but apparently that didn't matter.

I've found that with a good ad blocker the web versions of news sites work just fine on my iPhone. Apps force ads and their crappy interfaces so I just tweak web sites I visit regularly so they're not obnoxious when viewing on the phone.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Fox News has the worst news app I know of. Very poorly organized, probably because that leads to more clicks.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I uninstalled the Fox News apps (iPad, Android phone) this past week when they required I agree to their 'new' privacy policy before it would start up.

I read it, and it was not pretty. I realize, compared to Facebook, their terms may be just business as usual, but ... nope, not agreeing. And, why tie up space with apps that are pouting and useless? Bye-Bye.

Posts: 15025 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
So, I tried to email Fox to tell them I'm done with the stupid app and to let me know if they ever go back to just putting articles on there and skip all the annoying pictures and videos.

Stupid app is broken and I can't even properly break up with them. Guess they'll have one less viewer but never know why....

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post