SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    "Almost LNIB!"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Almost LNIB!" Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Uhm... Have you looked at your own pictures? Smilies on the barrel, bluing scraped off the breech and locking block, wear on the controls?

And for the love of Pete: At least wipe off the excess oil/grease and take a small brush to the corners and crevices to get the lint and other debris out.

AND WHAT ARE ALL THOSE LITTLE WHITE "DOTS" ALL OVER THE GUN?!?!

Good grief

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Skin flakes and/or deodorant dust. Carry guns tend to get coated in that.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Skin flakes and/or deodorant dust. Carry guns tend to get coated in that.

Could be. Was meant more along the lines of the prior comment about "take a small brush and..."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Seems like it either IS LNIB or it's USED.

If used - then you can use adjectives to describe how used it is. But LNIB to me = I bought it and maybe used it once, but otherwise it's same as when I bought it NEW.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
"'Almost' only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and atomic bombs."

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Uhm... Have you looked at your own pictures? Smilies on the barrel, bluing scraped off the breech and locking block, wear on the controls?

And for the love of Pete: At least wipe off the excess oil/grease and take a small brush to the corners and crevices to get the lint and other debris out.

Good grief

Remember that lint and little bits of gurve show up in the unflattering light of flash photography much more than to the naked eye.

This doesn't mean that smilies make a gun almost LNIB, but the little bits of dirt are far more apparent in a photo.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Remember that lint and little bits of gurve show up in the unflattering light of flash photography much more than to the naked eye.

Not even flash. The camera is a harsh judge.

quote:
This doesn't mean that smilies make a gun almost LNIB, but the little bits of dirt are far more apparent in a photo.

Problem was, in this case, you couldn't tell if it was specks of lint/dust/what-have-you, or a finish defect due to poor care.

If it's detritus: Again, take a small brush and... After all: You're trying to sell the thing. "Best foot forward" and all.

Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I rate that up with the "been loved" or derivatives of that in ads, which means that "I beat the s*** out of it, now it's up to you to refinish it".

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
... "only 100 rounds have been through this gun"...

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
... "only 100 rounds have been through this gun"...

LOL! "Appears to have low round count," when the top of the barrel has no smilies... because there's no bluing left. Just saw that a couple days ago. <smh>

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . .lint and little bits of gurve show up in the unflattering light of flash photography. . .

Urban Dictionary: Gurve
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gurve
Jun 24, 2017 - When the penis has girth and curvature that easily stimulates the female g-spot. See also gurvature.

Wow! Can I buy that? Wink Smile

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
For God's sake is it really that hard to go outside, get your toes out of the way, and take a damn picture!

Wait, wait, I'm just testing the waters...

or

I don't have to sell it, but...

Make up your mind!

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:

Actually it's either New-in-the-box or Used.

It may never have had the box opened, but once that gun transferred (including sold) from a licensee to a non-licensee it is forever after considered used.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
how about this...

"package includes, gun, mags, box, and test target"

But the test target doesn't match the gun serial number sent.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:

It may never have had the box opened, but once that gun transferred (including sold) from a licensee to a non-licensee it is forever after considered used.

Nah. I'm willing to accept that there are people out there who buy a gun and then put it away and don't use it or only shoot a couple of magazines. I'd call that LNIB.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Saw a winch that was "Great condition!" That had a rusted fairlead and paint worn/flaked off the front. What kind of idiots believe that tripe?

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Along with the exaggerated descriptions, it would help if photos weren't blurry and taken from across the room in dim lighting with an old 2 megapixel phone. And its probably not a good idea to lay it on your concrete driveway to take the picture or in your lap while your sitting in your car which makes the gun look like it was just stolen from someone.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:

Nah. I'm willing to accept that there are people out there who buy a gun and then put it away and don't use it or only shoot a couple of magazines. I'd call that LNIB.

Agree. It can be *like* NIB w/o being NIB. Easily.

Here's another: "Night sights in good condition. May or may not glow."

Uhm... Say what? Night sights that do not glow are not night sights. They're just "sights." Thus, as "night sights," they're not in good condition. And what's with "may or may not?" Take the damn thing into a dark room and look, fer crissakes!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ensigmatic,

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I really don't care too much about strict terminology. Some folks are honest about their description. Others tend to exaggerate their trinkets. I just let the pics decide, provided there are enough of them, and that they are in focus.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post