SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    "Almost LNIB!"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Almost LNIB!" Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Pet peeve of mine: list your damn location so we can figure out if it can be a FTF or have to go through FFL. And saying "Texas" isn't being very specific. Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by slyguy:
Wait, wait, I'm just testing the waters...

or

I don't have to sell it, but...

Make up your mind!

Car forum classifieds seem to be the worst for those two.

Guys will price it thousands of dollars over what a realistic price is and hope they find that sucker to bite.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I always try to provide good pictures, always try to focus on any perceived blemish/wear etc. and usually simply say that I am happy to provide any additional specific pics as requested (down the barrel if I can, broken down, whatever.)

I just try to present an honest group of decent pictures so the buyer can decide on the condition.

All my stuff is basically LNIB though. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I always try to provide good pictures,

That's another one: looks like any other XXXX pistol, Google it if you want pictures. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Minty. My all time favorite description.

Is it MINT or sort of mint? Isn't mint also a flavor?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I bought a revolver from someone I new online for many years. Eek , so I trusted their description, no photos. "Bluing is 85%".

The RE-BLUING, over the pitting that covered 75% of the gun, was 85%. And the only reason it was up to 85% was that they'ed blued the hammer and trigger. Those extra blued parts that shouldn't be blued brought to 85%. With friends like that... Frown

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
...get your toes out of the way...

So true LOL! Move 'em, crop 'em from the shot, something!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
quote:
...get your toes out of the way...

So true LOL! Move 'em, crop 'em from the shot, something!

Seriously.

With the way I take gun photos (the gun laying on my back porch, in indirect sunlight, with the photo taken from above) my toes are in nearly every shot I take. But it takes literally two clicks on my smartphone to crop them out before I upload them to my image hosting account.

No excuse.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post