SIGforum
Predatory VA Loan advertising

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/4500019444

July 26, 2018, 09:39 AM
bjor13
Predatory VA Loan advertising
I got a VA loan 8 months ago and every day I receive urgent notices that I can get cash out and cut my payment. The small print is a cash out balloon loan. Why is this predatory lending allowed? I am not sure who sold my details, I assume its the county.
July 26, 2018, 10:47 AM
BigSwede
More than likely public record, I get the same mailings

July 26, 2018, 05:39 PM
calugo
After I received my VA loan on my mortgage I was bombarded with mailings offering to refinance, take out a second mortgage, home improvement loans etc. I normally just throw anything that looks like junk mail in the shredder. I have no idea who sold my info, could be any number of culprits from the VA, county, township or maybe even the state. Its certainly a nuisance but no more than all the other junk mail I receive.
July 27, 2018, 12:33 PM
egregore
Your loan got you on a mailing list. I think credit reporting agencies sell them as well. Credit solicitations typically have a phone number you can call to "opt out" of such mail. I did it and they gradually tapered off and stopped altogether.
July 27, 2018, 02:14 PM
bobandmikako
I think I get VA home loan solicitations at least monthly, probably. I checked my credit report the other day, and there are lots of "soft" inquiries from mortgage companies I've never heard of such as Embrace Home Loans, Great Plains National Mortgage and Home Point Financial. They are listed as "promotional inquires." I assume they're related to the crap I get in the mail. I don't bother reading any of them since I'm not in the market for a loan, and our interest rate is as low as I'm going to get, so I have no idea of their proposed terms and whether or not they are predatory lenders. I think I get mail from NewDay USA the most but didn't see them on my report for any promotional inquiries. Their commercials always irritate me for some reason.

十人十色
July 27, 2018, 07:38 PM
911Boss
Monthly, hell I get 1 or 2 a week.

Grand offers of lowering my payment and putting cash in my pocket. Gee, how does that work when you quote a 4%+ rate when my current rate is 3.25%?

Oh, by restarting at 30 years a loan I am 5 years into and have been making additional payments on.

Tear in half and straight to the trash...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

July 29, 2018, 05:02 AM
Fredward
Predatory is a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? Toss 'em and forget it.

Predatory is B of A foreclosing in "error." An ad is just an ad.
July 29, 2018, 07:49 AM
shovelhead
Those solicitations to us have dropped off, now I get hammered for Reverse Mortgages.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)