SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Predatory VA Loan advertising
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Predatory VA Loan advertising Login/Join 
Picture of bjor13
posted
I got a VA loan 8 months ago and every day I receive urgent notices that I can get cash out and cut my payment. The small print is a cash out balloon loan. Why is this predatory lending allowed? I am not sure who sold my details, I assume its the county.

Posts: 1017 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
More than likely public record, I get the same mailings

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After I received my VA loan on my mortgage I was bombarded with mailings offering to refinance, take out a second mortgage, home improvement loans etc. I normally just throw anything that looks like junk mail in the shredder. I have no idea who sold my info, could be any number of culprits from the VA, county, township or maybe even the state. Its certainly a nuisance but no more than all the other junk mail I receive.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Your loan got you on a mailing list. I think credit reporting agencies sell them as well. Credit solicitations typically have a phone number you can call to "opt out" of such mail. I did it and they gradually tapered off and stopped altogether.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I think I get VA home loan solicitations at least monthly, probably. I checked my credit report the other day, and there are lots of "soft" inquiries from mortgage companies I've never heard of such as Embrace Home Loans, Great Plains National Mortgage and Home Point Financial. They are listed as "promotional inquires." I assume they're related to the crap I get in the mail. I don't bother reading any of them since I'm not in the market for a loan, and our interest rate is as low as I'm going to get, so I have no idea of their proposed terms and whether or not they are predatory lenders. I think I get mail from NewDay USA the most but didn't see them on my report for any promotional inquiries. Their commercials always irritate me for some reason.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Monthly, hell I get 1 or 2 a week.

Grand offers of lowering my payment and putting cash in my pocket. Gee, how does that work when you quote a 4%+ rate when my current rate is 3.25%?

Oh, by restarting at 30 years a loan I am 5 years into and have been making additional payments on.

Tear in half and straight to the trash...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Predatory is a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? Toss 'em and forget it.

Predatory is B of A foreclosing in "error." An ad is just an ad.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Those solicitations to us have dropped off, now I get hammered for Reverse Mortgages.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post