SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Being tall sucks sometimes.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Being tall sucks sometimes. Login/Join 
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
The Army at least keeps a good size variety of uniforms for us, but other gear, forget about it. I'm issued a sleeping bag system that is supposed to be a mummy bag, and barely covers my shoulders. My PT uniform shorts make me look like Magnum PI.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
6'5

60" chest

33" inseam

39" sleevelength

14 6E shoes.

Ugh....

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
then the clothing stores claim to have a big and tall section,
but when you get there they ave two , 2x shirts,
Not 2xL's , just 2x.

that pisses me off on a regular basis ,
and a 40 " waist is NOT a big size.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At 6'4, I'm considering petitioning the government to recognize being tall as a disability. Most things are designed for folks maybe 5'9 and below including but not limited to countertops, stoves, yard tools both powered and unpowered, and many other things.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
then, THEN!
there are the push mowers with push bars that are a foot too short,
the leaf blowers, and weed trimmers that are also a foot too short.

oh sure the chiropractors like them , because thats where the tall folks end up after trying to use the deficient tools .

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the strollers. killer on the back.

and as I found out recently when our Korean exchange student broke his leg - wheelchairs are not made for us normal size folks to push around either. we borrowed one to show him Boston, that sucked all day - for me. he had a great time...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Don't forget the strollers. killer on the back.

In your previous post you said you were 6' 8". That has to put you in the 99th percentile of men and 99.99th percentile among women. Considering that the overwhelming majority of stroller pushers are going to be around 5'3"-5'9", I wouldn't expect much response from the stroller manufacturers when you inform them of your plight. Smile

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
^ They do make stroller extension handles and bars, but I've always wondered why they didn't just make the handles on strollers adjustable to being with.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
Yeah but the ladies dig tall guys! I feel your pain, 6'6" here also.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah but the ladies dig tall guys!

I will go check with Bonnie ( after 35 years together)

Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
then, THEN!
there are the push mowers with push bars that are a foot too short,
the leaf blowers, and weed trimmers that are also a foot too short.

oh sure the chiropractors like them , because thats where the tall folks end up after trying to use the deficient tools .

And don't leave out wheelbarrows...nothing like digging the snout into the ground after you finally get the load moving Eek

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh... my kitchen and bathroom sinks are too short.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a hurry today putting on a shirt, took a full on against the rotation shot from the ceiling fan. Index finger is bruised and it broke skin between the index and middle finger. Really considering moving all the ceiling fans to get the blades above 8'.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zacsquatch:
My PT uniform shorts make me look like Magnum PI.

At least you get your own theme music....

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

if I thought for a minute that I would be in my apt. for another 6 years ,
I would put a 2 x 4 on end under both the kitchen cupboards and the bathroom sink.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

My bathroom sink reaches just above my knees. I really dislike this standard of low sink levels.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
Long have our people been oppressed!

Tall people of the world, Unite! 6'4"+

Mirrors. Sick and tired of looking into a mirror and only seeing my chin or throat. Having to stoop down just to see myself is annoying.

Hate flying....because 98% percentile in height sucks in commercial seating.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
I'm not bitching @ 5'10". Thought I wanted to be tall (my adoptive father was 6'4") but after reading this thread... I'm fine.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I have a personal campaign.

Why in Gods name are the small clothes on the top rack and the largest on the damn floor? Every time I have anyone helping me I ask them this question. Not a one has an answer, better than "this is where we always put them".

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and the retail end of this rears its ugly head.

I sold mens casual wear for 4 years ,
we only had two sales per year.

It never failed that we would have 350 size small shirts on the sale table next to 200 size medium shirts and 45 large size shirts, 16 size Xl and no xxl or three xl.

year after year , sale after sale and its been that way , I wonder if it still is.

same way with pants.

and no buyer from seattle could ever explain why they almost never have many more larges and xl's.

they have the ability to order more they just do not do it.

what in sam hell do they have against large men ?

if you are consistently out of stock in the larger sizes, why ? why ?
wouldn't you order additional larger sizes?