SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Being tall sucks sometimes.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Being tall sucks sometimes. Login/Join 
posted
I'm 6'6". I hit my head on the kids Gorilla Gym that was hanging on the door frame and now my neck feels like shit. A chiropractor visit will probably be in order tomorrow.

I will add this to the long list of things that I have hit my head on.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Yep...I'm 6'4" and I hate any vehicle with a lift up rear hatch (I've got a scar from a Mercury Villager...I DID love that van though).

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I have peeled the hide off of my bald pate on a variety of vehicle door frames, tree branches, shelves, etc. Now that I am old and no longer give a shit about appearances I have started constantly wearing a boonie hat with a couple of paper towels folded up in the crown as padding.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
I'm only 6'2" but all arms and legs. I have long-term injuries from bumping into stuff my whole life.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enidpd804:
I'm only 6'2" but all arms and legs. I have long-term injuries from bumping into stuff my whole life.
Similar, but 6'3" Buying clothing is a royal pain in the ass.

Many years ago when it was customary to wear a suit to work, I bought my shirts at The Custom Shop, made to measure. Now, just trying to find a T-shirt or polo in a TALL size is aggravating. I need shorts that have a slightly longer inseam, so they don't find my like Daisy Dukes. Jeans or khakis with a 36" inseam are tough to find.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain. I'm 6'8". Lots of head scars.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

All trees in any of my yards get trimmed to at least 7 ft above the ground. I'm only 5'10", but I tend to walk into things without looking, or while looking down, so I protect my self. It is also handy for my compact tractor (with a canopy) to work underneath the tree.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm 6'4. I always wear some type of hat with a brim. Damn hats! I've about knocked myself out more times than I can count. Brim blocks upward vision and then wham.

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
Sasquatch28, I cannot relate to your problem but wanted to tell you that sometimes being tall is purely relative. My mom always called me Sasquatch because I was very tall in my family at 5'3". Big Grin

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
6'5" and 7 years at sea, on aircraft carriers made for those no taller than 6'0".

Been out for more than 10 years and scars are still shedding off.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Many years ago when it was customary to wear a suit to work, I bought my shirts at The Custom Shop, made to measure. Now, just trying to find a T-shirt or polo in a TALL size is aggravating. I need shorts that have a slightly longer inseam, so they don't find my like Daisy Dukes. Jeans or khakis with a 36" inseam are tough to find.

Mountain Khakis makes good pants in 36" length, as does Eddie Bauer and LL Bean

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
If you're cheap like me, I get my 36" inseam khaki's at Old Navy (online, and get the "tall" version; the "big" version with exact same dimensions has a short front pocket that'll make you cuss). They're under $30 shipped.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

I hear you. I'm always catching grief over my 'short shorts.' They're normal shorts! Smile

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fine rant. All the pants I like are often only available with a 32 inch inseam and I need 34 or 36.
If I do find ones with the right inseam, they are often out of stock or backordered.
And being charged extra for tall sizes frosts my ass!
Mad

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
My wife comes from a family of 6'6" boys. She's 5'7" and married to me at 5'5" with shoes. She's very good at hemming pants as my size isn't available.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im about 6'2 / 6'3...
But what I lack in height, I make up for in length.

Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I still wish I was tall. All I ever wanted was to be 6' tall and I stopped growing at 5'11-3/4" Red Face

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Still better than being short.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
One year at ASU we had a guy on the hall that was 6'6" and looked like 5' of it was legs. He walked around hunched over with his head tilted sideways because of the head smashing issue. I'd see him on campus and say "Staighten up dude!" He'd smile and stand straight for a while.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Little over 6'4" here, 35" inseams fit me perfectly and are pretty much non existent. Regular size shirts the sleeves are to short, most tall sizes are to big in the body.

Ceiling fans and garage doors only raised enough for short people have been the bane of my existence.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post