SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Being tall sucks sometimes.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Being tall sucks sometimes. Login/Join 
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I should add that not having shoes in half sizes over 13 doesn't bring much to the party either....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
The feet thing I can relate to. I'm anywhere from a 12-14 depending on the shoe or boot. Hard to find comfortable footwear for sure. I also need a wide size most of the time too.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Glue some pool noodles to the tops of your door openings.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
6'5" here

I hate mobile homes. I hit everything.
What is up with lights hanging over dinner tables?
Hit 'em getting up all the time.

Overhang vents on the stove.
Every tree limb in my yard in the way, chainsawed.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Counter and table heights are a pain as well. I'm always hitting my knees on the under side support of tables.

I did build my cabinets with a 40" counter height which makes a big difference.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
This topic reminds me of this commercial

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJhpgIbnD3U

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
only 6'4" here ,
a lot of people say that I was blessed with being tall.

these are the people that fit in to any car,are comfortable on planes , buses and theater seats.

these "unfortunates" can go in to 5 stores and find clothing that fits , in all of them.

in my next life I will be 5'11" with a 34 inch waist, and I will wake , elated every day.

there are advantages, I will admit but I can't call it gravy

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sureshot45:
Counter and table heights are a pain as well. I'm always hitting my knees on the under side support of tables.

I did build my cabinets with a 40" counter height which makes a big difference.

I hate every piece of furniture I married into.
The coffee table has given me 7 years of scrapes and bruises.

And don't forget the freaking showerheads that spray onto your chest.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
I feel your pain. I'm 6'8". Lots of head scars.

Huh, Shorty.

My pal in Deep East TX is 7ft 2.5in - imagine how HE feels in this little world.

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm 5'7" on a good day. You guys can all cry me a river.
Big Grin

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pal:
I'm 5'7" on a good day. You guys can all cry me a river.
Big Grin

I'm with this guy. 42 chest and the only shirts that fit hang like dress - god forgot to give me legs. How's the air up there Big Grin?

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain. 6'6" here, and my back hurts from hunching over everything all time. I hate counters, my next place will be built with taller counters and taller showers.

One of my favorites is the sunburned left knee when wearing shorts and driving on sunny days. I feel ridiculous having my legs on either side of the wheel instead of under.

Posts: 795 | Location: NH | Registered: July 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I know a police officer who’s 7'0", and although I’ve never heard him complain about it, I can’t imagine what an inconvenience that is. I’ve shrunk to about 6'1" over the years and that’s tall enough.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a friend who was 6'9" and he worked in a factory. It was not a normal day if he was not bleeding from the head somewhere.
On the plus side, he was hard to beat in Tennis. I finally figured out you had to hit the ball at him. I always felt a little cheated at 6'1, my dad was 6'3 and built like a tank.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
6'7" here. Ceiling fans, lack of clothes that fit, cars, airplanes, fighting midgets that want to prove they are as tall, back trouble...good times!

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
6'3"

Beats the shit out of being 5'7". Remember, short people got no reason . . .

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
5'3"

Being short sucks all the time.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
How about the lack of ski boots in size 14? And putting spacers on every shotgun to make it fit. And very limited choices in vehicles with acceptable headroom...

(Hyundai Genesis is it for me)

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bonnie is 5'3" , people look at us and think to themselves " how in the hell does that work? "

I tell people that she only keeps me around to get stuff off the top shelf

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
5'3"

Being short sucks all the time.

Except when you are flying commercial and laughing at the tall guys! Smile

I can see why stature might be an advantage in your profession (along with politicians and basketball players). Other than that, I can see the downside. I'm definitely "short" at 5'8" in the land of Scandinavian giants up here, but I also never have problems buying clothes, the seats in just about any car fit me comfortably and I can fly without my knees in my chest.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post