SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Huge hanger holes in silicone hot pads
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huge hanger holes in silicone hot pads Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
Why? They make it necessary to carefully orient them every time to avoid having the hole between the hot stuff and one’s hand/finger.

Yes, they make it possible to hang them from the 60-penny nails driven into the $5000 cabinets in the kitchen, but I don’t hang them up, they go in a pile so I can pull out the one(s) I want without removing all the rest (or having a half dozen 60-penny nails driven into the $5000 cabinets). And if I want a hole in a silicone hot pad, I can make my own in about two seconds that’s more suited to the size of the nails necessary to hold up their massive weight.

Why this? I figure that all the smart manufacturers of silicone products are monitoring the most informative site on the web, and maybe—just perhaps—one will say, “Hey, I never thought that people might want to use our pads without burning the ever-lovin’ out of their hands; what a good idea!”

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
...60-penny nails

are you saying nails are 60 cents each now?

I remember when they were a penny....

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Makes it much easier to get over a hook.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
To paraphrase a Sigforumite's Signature, "You hardly learn anything the 2nd time you burn your fingers on the hot pad hanger hole"

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
To paraphrase a Sigforumite's Signature, "You hardly learn anything the 2nd time you burn your fingers on the hot pad hanger hole"

Big Grin

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post