SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    YouTube and the political commercials
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

YouTube and the political commercials Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted
So I don’t watch much YouTube. Lately, I have found a show I find entertaining. It’s called Hot Ones. Some dude gets some random celebrities on the show and they eat hot wings with different sauces. Starts with typical wing sauce and works up to the 2 million scoville sauce.

Stupid show (especially when I type out the plot), but entertaining.

What pisses me off, is the ultra leftist, Trump hating commercials. It goes on about jobs lost and unemployment because of how Trump has handled the pandemic. It then goes on to convince people to vote for Biden.

Now I’m used to seeing political commercials and I usually pay no attention. This one however is played over and over again in a 20-30 minute video, I’ll be forced to see it three to four times.

Why it pisses me off so much, is that there are so many of the younger people who watch YouTube are being influenced by this shit. It’s gone past the point if advertising. I feel it’s similar to the propaganda agencies in communist or authoritarian states. Like it’s just crammed down people’s throats until they will start to believe it.

Anyways, I’m probably late to this party, and I usually stay out of political discussions as I don’t keep up to date on political topics. This just pisses me off to no end.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Are you watching Youtube on a computer? If so, get an ad blocker plugin for your browser. Most of them block Youtube ads. No more commercial interruptions.

I use AdBlock Plus. https://adblockplus.org/

(Unfortunately, it's not as simple to block YT ads if you're watching on your phone/tablet/Roku/etc. using the Youtube app.)

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Commercials on YouTube?

uBlock for Chrome seems to block them for me. Haven;t seen a commercial on YT in a long time.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15286 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
iPad with YouTube app. They’re commercials in the middle of the videos. It’s utter trash and bullshit.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post