SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    3 letters I have learned to hate!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3 letters I have learned to hate!! Login/Join 
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted
I. R. S. Oh, how I loath you. Enough said.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I love the IRS, enjoy doing my patriotic duty by paying taxes, and am a card carrying member of [insert name of whatever group they do not audit for political purposes]. Wink

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
Just curious, are you unhappy with the way laws are written? If yes, then it's congress that's at fault.

If you don't like the way forms are laid out, poor instructions, etc... that would be the IRS fault.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
posted Hide Post
No. I happen to owe them a shit ton of money this year. Too much to say, ok, here. It has all come about with dependent status/claim. In half of it, It was clerical error by my family. The other due to college student dropout. Im paying for it.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I've felt your pain.

Last year though. Talk about a financial ass-raped sensation! Mad

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I thought the three letters you hate would be "TSA."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGGUY (THE 1ST):
No. I happen to owe them a shit ton of money this year. Too much to say, ok, here. It has all come about with dependent status/claim. In half of it, It was clerical error by my family. The other due to college student dropout. Im paying for it.

I am in almost the exact same boat this year, really f'd me up and causing some stress on the homelife too. Need to take a trip for something personal and likely won't be able to get that done.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I owe for the first time, I'm glad but hate paying it like this.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BrianC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I love the IRS, enjoy doing my patriotic duty by paying taxes, and am a card carrying member of [insert name of whatever group they do not audit for political purposes]. Wink

And we appreciate it!
- Not the IRS

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen

Posts: 11139 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
If you cannot pay in full, do an installment agreement (Form 9465) and pay what you can with the filing. Better option than not filing timely or not paying in full as it avoids the penalties.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
If you cannot pay in full, do an installment agreement (Form 9465) and pay what you can with the filing. Better option than not filing timely or not paying in full as it avoids the penalties.
thank you. We opted to do installments. Regards guys, sigguy(the 1st)

posted Hide Post
Hate our whole tax system... don't know why we can't just pay a flat tax and no "filing tax", no April 15th crap, just pay whatever % they decide it should be out of your paycheck and that's it. I get sick to see some people that make 10k a year, have 5 kids, MAYBE pay $500 in taxes through the year, and get 10k back every April 15th (or in their case January 30th because they file right away)... I think that's ridiculous...

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
One of my closest friends in a criminal investigator with IRS.

He hates the IRS too.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
Just curious, are you unhappy with the way laws are written? If yes, then it's congress that's at fault.

If you don't like the way forms are laid out, poor instructions, etc... that would be the IRS fault.

This ^^^

In the grand scheme, the IRS is simply a lackey and middle man for the govt. When I disagree or protest a law, I don't blame the police. They have nothing to do w/ writing and passing laws.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post