SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Poison ivy sucks, sucks, suuuuuucks!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poison ivy sucks, sucks, suuuuuucks! Login/Join 
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
Get get a prednisone shot and a dose pack. I just look at it and get it.

Posts: 2158 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neighbor’s (farmer)wife made a concoction of 3 ounces household bleach to 16 ozs of water. I poured some on a washcloth and patted it on the rashes. No chemical burn and the Ivy was crusting up by morning. Maybe I’ll get some store bought Ivy medicine but as the old saying goes, “poor folks got poor folks ways.” Maybe I’ll just keep that old farmers brew recipe.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chlorine in a bath.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try taking a rag soaked with apple cider vinegar and rub it on the poison ivy. Windex works on chiggers. You might want to give that a shot too. My wife came down with a severe case about a week ago. Tried everything from the pharmacy but the Apple cider vinegar helped the most until the prednisone pills from the doctor took affect.

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dig it raw and pure bleach? Reminds me of the old cure for crabs involving lighter fluid and an ice pick.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my family us kids were given powdered Tide to scrub with to get rid of poison ivy oils if we were exposed, and any clothes that were exposed got washed in a hot Tide laundering.

Posts: 516 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a kid hardly got it. As an adult, just being around it I get it.

Usually takes a trip to the Dr. Mad

"Never apologize, it's a sign of weakness"

Posts: 99 | Location: IL | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post