SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Insomnia
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Insomnia Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Here it is, a bit after 1:00 am, and I am up. Do not want to sleep, I am not looking forward at all to the morning. I have an appointment with a urology / oncology doc re the prostate cancer that has returned after radiation failure.

We are scheduled to discuss treatment plans, including salvage cryotherapy and HIFU, neither of which sounds pleasant.

Before he makes any recommendations he wants to see if anything is going on inside my bladder, so the morning's plan includes shoving a camera up my pee-pee. He says it won't hurt.

I do not want ten o'clock to get here.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I am shuffling off to bed, but first, prayers...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I'll text you in the morning.

Good luck at the doc. I always hate going. Frown

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Good luck tomorrow, man

I am a lifelong insomniac.

Lately I sleep every other day. Even on days I do sleep I’m lucky to get 4-5 hours

Tonight is an “awake” night

Mine is caused by a variety of issues, physical and mental

I’ve got a lot of structural issues....causes a lot of pain, which makes it hard to get comfortable, and if I shift in my sleep I wake up easily

And I never can master the whole “shut down your mind thing”

Recently, it’s my oldest son. We are at a crossroads of his future, with no easy answers. It’s a good thing. He is a talented kid, and has a lot of options. But it’s kind of the type of decision you have to get right the first time, and it involves disappointing nice, earnest people.

I will think good thoughts for you between now and 530 when the daily routine in my household begins

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Insomnia? I have no such problem.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain. It's oh-dark-thirty here and I'm wide eyed. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16194 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
If you’re still up, good luck, God bless and take care.
If you’ve managed to fall asleep, here’s hoping it is good, hard slumber.

I want you refreshed, alert and on top of your game when you talk to the doc. I assume someone will be going with you? It always helps to have another set of ears listening, interpreting and recording.

As an aside, cancer sucks. My dad had bladder cancer.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you V-Tail.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I can relate. I've got an appointment with a Vascular doctor at 10:30 this morning to discuss an arterial bypass in my left leg and to schedule the procedure. Kept me awake most of the night thinking about it. Frown

Good luck with your issue V-Tail.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Praying for you V-Tail.

Posts: 9741 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
My advice is sleep on it.
Wink
I too am a life-long insomniac.

I recently went for almost four weeks of sleeping about 20 hours per week, with several days of zero sleep.

That life sucks.

Well, I hope the grope and videography goes okay. Ask the doc for something to help you forget the experience.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Hope your appointment goes well.

Best wishes, and a quick recovery, my friend.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck, V-tail.

No, it doesn't hurt, just burns a little.

BTDT.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Good luck, V-tail.

No, it doesn't hurt, just burns a little.

BTDT.
Well, it did hurt a bit while he was doing it. Nothing I couldn't tolerate, but definitely not pleasant.

Now I am home, gotta pee much more frequently than "normal," and yes, it does burn when I pee.

Next step, Lupron shot to put the cancer on "hold" and give us some time for two procedures: the first, a laser thing at the neck of the bladder, then we schedule HIFU sometime in the next couple months.

As SigMonkey once pointed out, our people have a word for it: OY!

Well, at least the doctor is A Nice Jewish Boy. Smile

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Nu! So stop yacking already and take a nap?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post