SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Dog bite
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dog bite Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Two weeks later they come back to remove the signs?

They don't sound too bright.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Trail cams worked. Got excellent pics of a license plate and someone removing the signs off the fence.

Attorney withdrew the case. Will go for a judgement for attorney fees that we will never see.

Theft charges in the making?

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Two weeks later they come back to remove the signs?

They don't sound too bright.

Only waited a week. Our attorney said "I know the family, they can't spell MENSA. Put out a couple of trail cams and let's see what we catch".

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Trail cams worked. Got excellent pics of a license plate and someone removing the signs off the fence.

Attorney withdrew the case. Will go for a judgement for attorney fees that we will never see.

Theft charges in the making?

Filed. The entire family is about two steps from having everyone locked up. Easy to put a family reunion together that way.

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Few years back while walking my dogs I met a neighbor and his dog... dog was barking and snarling and snapping and I decided to stick my hand out to see if it would actually bite me... I bled for just over 5 days..... but the good news is bleeding cleans the wound... no doctor just taped it up good till it healed.

now who's fault was this? I can own up to being dumb at times and this one I get to brag about often.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
quote:

I love it when a good plan comes together!! I hope you collect.

Posts: 1552 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigWhup:
quote:

I love it when a good plan comes together!! I hope you collect.

We'll never see anything from them. Only consolation is that they had their own medical bills.

Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I heard my GSD bark loudly in the front yard, we have an invisible fence so he was loose. A door to door solar sales dude was in the road deciding if he should walk into my yard. His indecision only further agitated my dog and before I could get outside sales dude stepped into the yard and promptly lost his right leg jeans. Yup my dog literally ripped his pants off.

I ran out there and asked what happened to his pants and he said your dog bit me. I said impossible he’s never bitten anyone because no one was stupid enough to walk into our yard. His reply was the dog seemed cool. Idiots are every where. Any yes the dog has never bitten anyone.
Sales dude was Uninjured but pant less, my guess is he was too close to the fence line and my dog didn’t want to get shocked. My neighbors know the dog and simply say his names and platz as he speaks German.

My parents have had a number of Mini D`s over the years and my Shepherds learn quickly they are not to be messed with.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
We'll never see anything from them. Only consolation is that they had their own medical bills.

And you tested your security dog response - they passes with flying colors! Big Grin

Mine don't have the run of the yard unless I'm outside, but their bark is 'suppressive fire' to the whole neighborhood and usually keeps people obeying the "No Tresspassing" signs.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I had a dachshund that was sweet to us, but didn't like anyone else.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
This is the best dog bite thread I've read recently!

Stupid should hurt...and cost!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I had a dachshund that was sweet to us, but didn't like anyone else.

The dachshund got out once and attacked the neighbors 8N, while he was plowing. He wouldn't get off his tractor "That dog is nuttier that squirrel shit". Called the Mrs. and she had to go get it.

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
they quarantine the dog? what about the person who supposedly got bit? Hell your dog could catch something from them......

Actually when I've stuck my hand through a fence and gotten nipped by a dog... the last thing I did was think about calling the authorities... did not want others to know how stupid I was....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They guy found another lawyer. Claims he suffers from dyslexia or something like that and he didn't understand the signs.

The fence is 8' off the road. If you stop your car, the dogs run to the fence. If you get out they start barking. If you approach the fence, they go full on guard dog. Not sure how dumb these people are, but I'm not sticking my hand in that fence.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:...Claims he suffers from dyslexia or something like that and he didn't understand the signs....

Can't be trusted to drive. If walking/standing and unable to read a single simple sign, expecting him to navigate complex avenues, encountering multiple signs and signals giving several messages at once, and do so safely, is unconscionable to allow upon the unsuspecting masses.

He should be constrained by a leash, so he does not dart out in traffic or worse.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to hear why he came back to remove the signs.

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
Can't wait to hear why he came back to remove the signs.

I think that was plan A - "They didn't have signs warning me". Plan A got them charged with theft.

They are off to Plan B.