SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    When a rifle magazine cost $90!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When a rifle magazine cost $90! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
P6 mags are getting up there too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
IIRC retail on my Blaser Mags was more than double that. And they certainly aren’t 10 rounders either.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
I'd be happy to pay the high prices for mags my CZ 511 rimfire semi auto rifle, but I can't find any mags for it at all! I have two and that's it for the rest of my lifetime as far as I know!

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
try a Rem 37 mag,
or a HK SL7
or an early Browning Lever gun mag,,

or the as mentioned Valmet (esp the .308) mags

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of keltoi
posted Hide Post
You might go to Mountain Tactical website and order their Tikka bottom metal for your model.this enables the use of AICS magazines with improved magazine release and enlarged trigger housing for cold weather.

Posts: 630 | Location:  | Registered: December 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
What I find so frustrating about it, is that Tikka mags are plastic except for the spring, and are made in relatively high numbers for a relatively affordable rifle. They're not a magazine like a Cooper, that is made of steel and in very small numbers, for an already expensive rifle.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by keltoi:
You might go to Mountain Tactical website and order their Tikka bottom metal for your model.this enables the use of AICS magazines with improved magazine release and enlarged trigger housing for cold weather.

Did not know these existed.
Though the site of video makes no mention of making the rifle AICS compatible.
Seems like that is something they would advertise. Though they do themselves sell a $70 billet mag so maybe not.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by keltoi:

I did that with a couple of Tikkas and was very happy with the results.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
try a Rem 37 mag,
or a HK SL7
or an early Browning Lever gun mag,,

or the as mentioned Valmet (esp the .308) mags

Or a Springfield M1922, M1922M1, or M1922M2, or on the pistol side a first generation Belgian Browning Challenger, Nomad or Medalist.

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was gonna get a Scar S17 one time and then saw the price of mags back then. Did not get the Scar.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
I was gonna get a Scar S17 one time and then saw the price of mags back then. Did not get the Scar.

There are replacement lowers that use SR25-pattern .308 AR magazines, including PMAGs. They're ~$400, but if you're planning to buy a whole bunch of mags, it'll pay for itself after about 15 mags.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
And here I was thinking HK mags were expensive.

Yeah, HK SP5 mags, the real German 30 rd ones are $80 a piece. So I bought three of them Big Grin

Some years ago after I bought a HK P7 mags were scarce and I bought one for $63 and thought I must have bought a n ounce of gold.
I can't recall how much the mag for my HK94 cost but I know it wasn't cheap and luckily I already had some.
But around the same time my PTR91 uses HK G3 mags and they were only $3 or $4 each for new factory HK mags - I bought around 20 or 30.

Some mags are great deals and on others the supply/demand really gets to them.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
When the B&T APC45 first hit US shores mags were around 250 a piece. Usually could get a deal if you bought three from the first importer though.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
After 10 years of searching & $400 I found a mag for my 1910 Frommer. Vendor in Poland said it was the only one he'd ever seen for sale in 25 years.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
After 10 years of searching & $400

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
After 10 years of searching & $400

It's not as bad as it sounds. I bought the pistol minus the mag for $1,695, so I have $2,095 in it in total. Another example (albeit with more original finish than mine) sold for $3,825 on GB in August.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
$200 for the 25-rd X5 Open mag, now that SIG Germany has closed shop.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
$350

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NMPinNYC:
I'd be happy to pay the high prices for mags my CZ 511 rimfire semi auto rifle, but I can't find any mags for it at all! I have two and that's it for the rest of my lifetime as far as I know!

Hang in there....the Brits are working on it:

https://riflemags.co.uk/blog/u...81-magazine-project/

Posts: 840 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
They have been “working on” 511 mags for years with no real updates.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post