SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    When a rifle magazine cost $90!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When a rifle magazine cost $90! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Come on Tika $90, really?
I really want to buy your rifle but I’d spend just as much money on mags as the rifle.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Try to get one for a P232 stainless Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I know that feeling. I need to get a couple 5.56mm Valmet magazines.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Before I opened the thread I was thinking cheaper than dirt and what assholes they are.

And here I was thinking HK mags were expensive.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
What Tikka rifle is it for?

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
$50 for a 5rd 270 mag for my T3x 270. And it's plastic, though not really an issue with a deer rifle.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:

T3x 10 round magazine.

quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
$50 for a 5rd 270 mag for my T3x 270. And it's plastic, though not really an issue with a deer rifle.

My deer rifle is a Sig SHR 970 in .270. It has a nice metal mag and I found them for $16.50 a mag. I bought a whole bunch.
Now if I could just find some other caliber barrels.

————————————————

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

Ha! That's what I thought when I saw the headline of the thread! Mags for my USC's(converted to the UMP style) are $75 each for German, $65 or so for American made Roll Eyes before the panic. I'd hate to see what they're going for right now.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

True but that is not a current production gun and you can use a blued mag that can be had for $25-$30.

I could technically use the 5 rounder but they are still $50.

————————————————

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

Yeah, HK SP5 mags, the real German 30 rd ones are $80 a piece. So I bought three of them Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Now I remember why I dropped HK and went to Glock. (well at least one of the reasons). Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Don't plan to buy any extra magazines for a Sako TRG-22. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigfreund,

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
My deer rifle is a Sig SHR 970 in .270. It has a nice metal mag and I found them for $16.50 a mag. I bought a whole bunch.

How many shots are you planning to take before you hit that deer? Big Grin

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bought 2 for my SIG 232 for $20 each at a gun show.

Paid $75 for a .308 for a Savage 99C.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:

T3x 10 round magazine.

quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Now if I could just find some other caliber barrels.

Would love to find an SHR but I do love my Tikka.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I just paid $130 for a NIB HK p7 psp magazine.......

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I hear you. I'd like a back up mag for my .243 T3 but they are stupid expensive.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
You guys are making me feel super good about my recent scorpion purchase with it's sub-20 dollar 35 round mags!

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Now admittedly I am a bit of a mag whore but I was doing some mental math the other day and I have around $4,100 in mags........for just my HKs. Frown.

Moral of the story. Hobbies ain’t cheap.....and NEVER DO THE MATH. EVER!!!! Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Now admittedly I am a bit of a mag whore but I was doing some mental math the other day and I have around $4,100 in mags........for just my HKs. Frown.

Moral of the story. Hobbies ain’t cheap.....and NEVER DO THE MATH. EVER!!!! Smile

Yeah but, HK mags seem to appreciate in value quicker than gold....... so if you want to sell them you'll make a nice profit.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post