SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Grandma Shelton passed away this AM
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grandma Shelton passed away this AM Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
She would have been 101 in December. She was the matriarch of a family of friends that goes back generations. My grandparents grew up with her and Mr. Ernest. Mr. Ernest passed in the 80’s.
Their kids and my parents grew up together. I grew up with their grandkids. My kids have grown up with their great grands.

So many stories. So many memories. I could fill a book.

This makes four people in my life that have passed in the last two weeks.

Eddie Willett; my Aunt Geba’s (Mom’s little sister..we couldn’t pronounce “Geneva” when we were little) 2nd husband. They owned and operated a machine shop in Texarkana... Custom Clutch & Driveshaft

John Talbot; Vietnam era Green Beret, local rancher, and family friend.

Clay Hanes; a MC riding acquaintance, injuries from a MC wreck.

Gonna miss them all.
Damn you, 2020.

Posts: 6297 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss. I remember when my paternal Grandfather died when I was a child. I prayed to let him live so I could visit him for another summer. He taught me so much. My Grandmother didn't live much longer after he died. Two big influences in my childhood. I still miss them.

My former LE partner died a week ago. He was my mentor and best friend. I couldn't visit him in the nursing home due to the crud.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this...100 is a good run...she and your family are in my thoughts and prayers Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Condolences. You say you could fill a book? Then, take some time and write some stories out, memorialize the good times....(and bad). Share them with friends and family to remember her. If you don’t write it down, those memories will become lost, that would be a shame.

Posts: 880 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post