SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ice storm , enough already
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ice storm , enough already Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
To date, 3.3% of the ice has melted Mad

No sun since " The Begining"

Overcast ,grey, dismal, lifeless, dispondancy and bleak.

The kind of weather that makes it perfectly clear the world does not care if you live ,die or just suffer.

Anti depressants must be flying off the shelves.

The lady at the gas and go claims that booze sales are up 28%, for 7 straight months .

Quarantine of months past looks like disco party with free food and fire works,
compared to this morass of colorless ,lifeless death weather.

At least you could get out and drive around, back then.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bendable get a light bar. Cheaper than antidepressants.

https://meaningness.com/sad-light-led-lux

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
We just got power back after 29 hours. Trees, limbs and wires down all over town. There are even a few crushed cars.

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
My neighbor's stupid pine tree dropped a huge limb on my roof yesterday. I've been afraid for years that that massive tree is going to fall on our house and kill us in our sleep, but the previous owner wasn't really open to negotiation. I just had a conversation with the new owner a couple of weeks ago, and we discussed splitting the cost to get rid of it next spring...then today this happens.

The whole house shook when it hit, and stuff fell off the walls. Of course the roof is still covered in ice and snow, so I can't get up there to evaluate the damage, but it actually looks ok from the ground, and there's no obvious leaks on the inside. I think the soft springy-ness of the pine branches may have saved us. I went out there with the chainsaw and managed to get it off the house and cut up without causing any more damage. There's another limb about 5x the size of this one that overhangs the house, and it was sagging pretty good...thankfully the snow finally fell off and it corrected itself without falling...that one would have smashed right through to the ground.

Posts: 8528 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Damn 80*F Floridiya winter weather...

-sweatin'crackofmyassmonkey

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
92fstech,
Gravity has all the time that the world has to offer.

Trust me ,when that limb wants to find your house, gravity will be there to guide it.

What are you waiting for ?
Find a way get that cut.

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
92fstech,
Gravity has all the time that the world has to offer.

Trust me ,when that limb wants to find your house, gravity will be there to guide it.

What are you waiting for ?
Find a way get that cut.

Not my tree...on the neighbor's property, and the only way to get to it is through her property. I did get up there and cut everything I could after I talked to her last month, but there are still quite a few branches that are beyond my ability to tackle. And there's no way a tree service is going to do it now with all this snow and ice. It's gonna have to wait until spring....but it's definitely getting done then.

Posts: 8528 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update:
All the trees are still covered in ice,
Only
9 more feet of ice to go on my drive way, to reach the curb.

Was up in Iowa City yesterday, ( 70 miles west), they gotta lot of snow, almost no ice
By the time the storm got here,
All ice almost no snow.

posted Hide Post
Ice gone off trees,

9 hours of sun , total
in the last nine days.

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Yuma has 4000 hours of sunshine per year. Seriously look into a light bar. I used to live in the Midwest. Helped my nephew a lot.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Ice gone off trees,

9 hours of sun , total
in the last nine days.

Driveway done

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Freezing my tuchas here. 13˚ C in the Orlando area.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post