SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Special Interest Groups
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Special Interest Groups Login/Join 
Picture of Speedbird
posted
One in particular really burned me. Badly

Their actions will have a negative impact on my life and many others from this point on. No going back. They can't just leave well enough alone and/or not support or patronize the thing they don't like. (And don't have interest in anyway). Basically their words and actions are "I don like or use this, it has no direct impact on me but F_ _k everyone, get it banned or crushed with legislation or whatever.") In this latest example the Assholes included it as part of an amendment two years ago that kicks in Jan'21. They dumped millions into it and here we are.

My impression is in most cases these groups just ruin so much for so many. I see it often as selfish or self serving , some kind of entitlement thing or looking for attention and/or power and/or free money.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Speedbird,

Posts: 502 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Speedbird:
looking for attention and/or power

That sums it up well, in my opinion.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They crave power. If they control 99 percent it is not enough. They can only see the 1 percent they do not control.

Posts: 1401 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
PETA?

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
Close (PETA is an excellent example)...

I am currently livid and saddened by the group "Grey2k" They are not part of PETA, but they follow the same model, their leadership are friends, they promote each other and of course take money as a non profit organization... They claim to be advocates for greyhounds, but actually do nothing for them. The only thing they do is work to outlaw greyhound racing, promote themselves and collect money. Dig into it a little and you may see they have done nothing for the adoption of retired racing greyhounds. Their membership and associates are keen to simply euthanize and force the extinction of the breed.

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
PETA?

Posts: 502 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post