SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    One liter of pop and 17 hours of wide awake
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One liter of pop and 17 hours of wide awake Login/Join 
posted
I screwed up and bought the wrong pop.

I have been off of caffeine for 12 years now,
health problems .

Well Saturday I got what I thought was no caffeine pop , and drank the whole liter with my evening pills,

16 hours later , no sleep and still jumpy as hell .

half spazzed out , a tiny bit shaky,

man that was annoying . I guess it could have been worse.

don't read labels like I do

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
LOL! Let us know how long you sleep once you crash.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That sounds awful. I know how you feel, though. I stopped any caffeine intake three years ago for medical reasons as well. About a month ago my wife made a pitcher of iced tea and I had several large glasses of it late at night, thinking it was the usual caffeine free types we have. Nope, it was caffeinated and I was up until maybe seven in the morning.

Posts: 17054 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
I drink that much tea at night, it's not "awake" I care about, it's peeing every time I roll over.

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Wow, I can imagine how you feel. I can't even drink non-caffeinated soda after 5pm because the corn syrup is enough to keep me awake. I can't understand why you'd need to drink a whole liter, though.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I drink a liter of liqued every six hours , 80% of the time it's water.
Per my nephrologist .

But once a week I crave either lemonade or something.

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Don t keep your Crest and your Preparation H in the same drawer.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I don't drink coffee. I only drink Diet Pepsi when we eat out. I do, however, drink a Monster energy every morning. I'll drink a couple on a long road trip and threw the 5 hour energy away.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love being the next evolutionary generation of homo sapiens, the ones with ADD.
This superpower lets me drink caffeine and have the opposite effect, it calms me and if I have enough it actually makes me fall asleep.

Posts: 629 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
bendable, if I recall, in the past you had a kidney removed? If so, I had my right one removed back in 1964 from a baseball injury where I collided with a runner. Having said that, I've always noticed that any caffeine products made me a bit more jittery, and especially now at 68yrs, even many of the meds I'm now required to take I'm a bit more sensitive to, especially any types of pain meds. I'm really resistant to taking pain relievers, and if necessary I usually have to request a very low dosage if prescribed.

Forget Cuban coffee, thats like rocket fuel to my system..additionally, I don't hardly drink alcohol as it's effects are amplified also.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my kidney did not get removed , high blood pressure just killed it

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
my kidney did not get removed , high blood pressure just killed it

So your other kidney is doing all the work? Did the high blood pressure compromise the functioning one at all? Either way, no joy. I wish you well.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The remaining kidney is about 1/3 smaller than a healthy kidney.

The last six tests are consistently at
39 % - 47% functional .

The doc is fine ,just fine with that number, for the rest of my life.

I blame too many doctors for a part of my predicamint. I had five g.p.'s in seven years. None of them would talk to each other.

Had I known that a kidney doctor even existed 20 years ago , I'd be much better off now.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Earlier I sent a small prayer your way for good kidney health and longevity. Lord knows, mines taken a likin' and keeps tickin' after all these years. I know that there may be a few schools of thoughts about cranberry juice and kidney stones/health but, over the years I've found personally that if for some odd reasons I had a uncomfortable reaction to meds or definitely acetaminophen I flushed the kidney with cranberry juice and found it really helped.

Regards, Will G.

posted Hide Post
Prayer appreciated, but
my kidney situation very close to optimal .
I am on final approach for this earth bound stint, I ' LL make out ok.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I had a uncomfortable reaction to meds or definitely acetaminophen

that's weird
I take about three acetaminophen a month, to help me sleep at night.

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
That sounds amazing to me. I wish caffeine affected me.

It doesn’t. At all.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I hear ya. Gave up caffeine 5-10 years ago. I've accidentally eating or drank something with caffeine and been awake all night. If I really need it though, a half a cup of coffee, and I'm good for a solid 13 hour stent, no questions asked. Getting old sucks.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post