SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Inconsiderate, Lazy people that can't/won't use the county dump as its intended.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inconsiderate, Lazy people that can't/won't use the county dump as its intended. Login/Join 
posted
I live in a gated community that is fortunate enough to have 24/7 access to the county dump from inside the neighborhood. There are attendants there Mon-Sat, 7-7 that do a decent job of keeping order. At any given time there are about 7-8 dumpsters, 2 recycling bins (no sorting required), an oil collection tank, and electronics bin.

Signs are clearly posted about what can and can't be dumped, you can't leave stuff on the ground, nothing left outside the fence, no tires, no batteries, no furniture, no construction waste, etc.

Every Sunday, you'll find the closest dumpster to our gate with a sign clearly stating "DO NOT USE" overloaded about 5' above the top with bags of garbage all around the base of it (about a 1/2 of them busted open). There will be a mattress leaning up against the fence, a small pile of scrap metal in the corner, tires laying next to the oil tank along with about 7 empty oil containers, an old couch sitting just outside the gate, etc. If you look past this, you'll see at least two or three dumpsters that are completely empty with signs that read "FILL THIS ONE FIRST". This happens every freaking weekend and it will be 5x worse in the summer (lake community).

We got a 90 day probationary notice from the county today. It basically says to get your shit together as a neighborhood or we're taking away the dump. There is no way the situation will get better. the people that abuse it are absolute crap people and won't stop. It boggles my mind that they can't walk an extra 25 or 50 feet to throw their trash into an empty dumpster. Also, how can they possibly leave their putrid shit covered garbage on the ground and not give two shits about the poor souls that will have to clean it up come Monday.

I hate trashy people. These are also the same people that will bitch about POA dues and how there too much and the funds are being mismanaged, then in the same sentence, demand the POA provide another, yes another, swimming pool because the 10 min drive in their golf cart is just way too long.

At this point, I'm willing to triple our yearly dues just to drive these trasholes out of the neighborhood.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sadly, it isn't just your dump. My office building has several dumpsters and it is not uncommon to come in on Monday and find them not only over flowing but have mattresses, TV's, etc simply dumped in proximity...right after the holidays is the worst. People are inconsiderate slobs

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well ranted. In my travels in the Yoop woods, illegal dumping is rampant.
I once offered to volunteer my time to the DNR (Do Nothing Right) to help put up cameras to monitor some of the most used dumping areas.
Nope. Not interested.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
Just tonight, running out to the grocery store I take the little gravel country road that connects to a main road and what do I see laying partially hidden in the ditch, a washer. It's lazy, it's inconsiderate and frankly uncivilized. I see this crap all to often.

Down another road which ironically leads to the county dump, you constantly see furniture and bags of trash. I wish surveillance would nail these douche nozzles.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cameras and littering fines.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Cameras and littering fines.

THIS.

We had the same deal here. A pair of dumpsters open 24/7 for County residents only.

Back when I was on the cop job I saw a guy throwing 4 foot pallets into the dumpster, no stacking, just tossing them in. He had to have a hundred on the trailer.

I called for a County Deputy, by the time he came the guy was ready to leave. Pallets all over the ground, the two dumpsters full. The guy lived fifty miles away, and had done this SEVERAL times before. The Deputy wrote a ticket, as well as made him RELOAD them all and take them away.

If people dumped trash outside the gates and there was any mail or anything to lead you to believe THIS is the guy who dumped the stuff....they got a citation in the mail.

The final straw was the Contractor who dumped a mess of old, asbestos insulation one day. That was the end. We now have a permit system. An attendant there eight hours a day, FOUR days a week.

The slobs always ruin it for the law abiding.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I drive a front end loader for a living. Contractors, DIY builders and handymen dump their building demo in customers dumpsters all over town. Never realized how big of a problem it was until I started this job. Quite a few of our customers can’t throw their own trash in their dumpster because somebody else always fills it with their torn out drywall, wood, windows, doors, appliances, shingles etc.

We really need to be recycling more cardboard though. It’s astonishing how much of it restaurants put out and how little of it gets recycled. Half of a 10 ton load is probably cardboard that could be recycled. It goes in landfills instead because we don’t have an extra truck and dumpsters just for cardboard. They could pay for it with what they would save on tipping fees at the landfill but they don’t think like that.

At some point, we’re going to be up to our necks in it if we don’t recycle more.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Our Little Airport is owned and operated by the users -- those who own hangar lots.

We had a couple of dumpsters at the end of the common parking area on the entrance road. The dumpsters were usually filled overnight, right after the service truck had emptied them. Contributors from the surrounding area had made their donations.

The dumpsters were relocated to a taxiway inside the airport, not visible from the entrance road. We (the legitimate airport people) are now able to use them as intended.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Last place I lived was next to a state park. There was a dead end road that ended up being the local dump and party place. I spoke to the rangers and was told they couldn't do anything unless someone complained to Olympia. There was a wink. I got the address and wrote a letter.
This got me a call from an official and an invite to look at the problem on Saturday. We and the rangers walked the road and found the remains of a big campfire, tires, motor parts and a busted ATM machine. There was also a new car parked there. That's when a mom and her daughter drove in. Seems the daughter's car "broke down" the night before. The official, rangers and I were nice and took pains to show mom around.
Place got cleaned up and a heavy duty gate installed at the start of the road.
I keep wondering how long it was before the daughter got to use the car.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
in a gated community that is fortunate enough to have 24/7 access to the county dump from inside the neighborhood.

Without going much further I think I can help explain; that's not a gated community, it's a prison.

quote:
fortunate
- I think not. A gated community should be in an area with pickup, either part of city/county/HOA or an option to pay a service. There's zero chance any place with a dumpster isn't going to get dumpster people, both givers and takers! Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
in a gated community that is fortunate enough to have 24/7 access to the county dump from inside the neighborhood.

Without going much further I think I can help explain; that's not a gated community, it's a prison.

quote:
fortunate
- I think not. A gated community should be in an area with pickup, either part of city/county/HOA or an option to pay a service. There's zero chance any place with a dumpster isn't going to get dumpster people, both givers and takers! Razz

I guess we have a different opinion of a prison. I don’t know of many prisons where there is a 345 acre lake right in the middle. Trash service is available, but with the county dump 1/2 mile from my house it is worth my time and effort to take care of it myself.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post