SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Seems like a second Monday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seems like a second Monday Login/Join 
Picture of SR
posted
Week didn't get off to a good start - computer issues yesterday (Monday) making work a challenge and a head ache late in the day (probably from looking at the computer screens all day).

While the calendar says today is Tuesday, it's really a second Monday. Came down to get coffee - which I'd set to automatically kick off. In one of my better bone head moves, I forgot to put the coffee pot on the drip coffee maker. Luckily I only brewed a small pot so the overflow was minimal but still had that wonderful smell of burned coffee - related to the coffee that hit the open heating element. Oh, I got up later than expected giving plenty of time for the coffee that dripped onto the heating element to burn into the element.

Then discovered even more computer challenges.... with programs not working as they should.

Maybe IT will call me back and I can at least get those items worked out.

Thanks for letting me vent. Hope your day is going better!!

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
You'll have those. Maybe an adult beverage when you get home tonight.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
You'll have those. Maybe an adult beverage when you get home tonight.

Unless he's working from home. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
adult beverage sounds good... good suggestion. And since I'm working from home, it's right around the corner.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I had a young punk at work try mean mugging me and having a stare down because I called him out for dicking around and not doing his job. I was 50/50 on whether or not he’d take a swing at me. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Yup.. today was a second Monday for me, too.

I pushed a shopping cart about half full of various spirits out to my truck this evening after a stop at my favorite liquor store on the way home from work.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post