SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My iPad crapped out today...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My iPad crapped out today... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
After 10 years it shit the bed...will not charge past 15 % and will not open some links...it's been getting worse by the day. It's an old 16 gig model...memory is maxed out.
I just ordered a new 126 gig wi-fi model off Amazon for $329...all good things come to an end Wink

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you had a good run. Enjoy the new IPad. I bought a IPad Pro last year during the holiday sales and I love it. My first IPad was a Gen 1. I bought it used in the classifieds.

Still works.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
10 years is a good run! Gave my first one to hubby, as I wanted one with more memory. That one lasted about 6-7 years total, I think. Then I dropped mine, broke it, and had to replace it last year, it was about 4 years old, and his crapped out a month later. So we both had a new one last year. That is a good price, too. Good for you getting a new one, they are a lot faster now.

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
10 years is one hell of a great run. I'd be happy if my IPADs last 5 years, considering how many hours I use them.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
10 years on the same battery?

I still use my iphone 5 at home as my wifi device thats pretty much used all day.
Apple has long stopped supporting it with updates, and I'm on my 3rd replacement battery.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
10 years on the same battery?

I still use my iphone 5 at home as my wifi device thats pretty much used all day.
Apple has long stopped supporting it with updates, and I'm on my 3rd replacement battery.

I have an iPhone 3G I bought in 2009, when AT&T was the only carrier for iPhones. Still on the original battery. I use it as an iPod with bluetooth headphones.

Posts: 1265 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post