SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Chipotle - I Just Don't Get The Appeal
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chipotle - I Just Don't Get The Appeal Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Ate a Chipotle burrito for the second (AND LAST) time today. Never again, I just don't get why people line up for this garbage fake Mexican food?

Burrito had a few ounces of super chewy, gristle-y so-called "steak", about a pound of rice and some other stuff in it and was very mediocre. Not worth what it cost for sure and I will not go there ever again.

I'm sure the guy who founded them is crying all the way to the bank though! Roll Eyes

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I stopped eating there after ppl were getting sick and dying (?).

I think I've eaten there 2, maybe 3 times - all 5+ years ago. Always on work trips when other people say "he lets eat there".

I'd rather starve to death than eat there.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
It’s for hipsters. I just go to a real Mexican restaurant.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Yeah the steak at chipotle is not good. I do like the Barbacoa and the chicken. It’s not great, but I like it on occasion.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I walked into on after it opened in bellevue washington over 10 years ago. It stank. there was dried food everywhere. No one had bussed a table, the counter behind where they were serving food was piles of slopped food everywhere. Flies.

I looked around and swore never to go there again. I have not set foot in one since.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
I agree, way over priced and just not that great. If I wanted fast food Mexican, I would rather eat at Taco Bell.

Now having said all that, they do give us a very nice discount in uniform.

Chris

Posts: 1694 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Moe's Monday, bowls and burritos are $5.99. Free Guac, chips and salsa. That would run you at least double that at Crapotle

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
The Chipotle near my home serves pretty tasty food IMO. Authentic Mexican? No, but it’s still good. I watch my calorie intake, so I appreciate that I can get “bowls” (no tortilla).

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't eat Chipotle personally, co-workers raved about them years ago so I joined them once.

"The burritos are huge!! So much food!!"

That they were oblivious to the 1# or so rice in every one? No thanks. I expected some meat at least the way they built that place up. Smile

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1926 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Ive never been to chipotle. Around here, i really like Costa Vida (which is way better than Cafe Rio). Still “fake mexican” food but super tasty pork burritos. You cant really have expected any of these places to be “authentic” though, can you?

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Freebirds > Chipotle
IMO

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Why don't you guys simply ask for less or no rice?
I always get their steak soft tacos with the green chili salsa.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't find good Mexican food around here, and Chipotle sucks. I'm making my own now, getting great ingredients at the Super Mercado.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
When Chipotle opened their first store in San Francisco, they paid for all the ad space in one or two Muni Metro underground stations. Having never heard of it before, I thought it was for some new, high-end restaurant located in the financial district.

I like their guacamole and chips but that’s about it.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Why don't you guys simply ask for less or no rice?
I always get their steak soft tacos with the green chili salsa.

Not sure about anyone else, but asking for less rice would mean going back a second time. Thats a nope. Big Grin

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1926 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Not a fan.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think it is fair to compare it to an actual Mexican Restaurant any more than it would be to compare Sbarro to an Italian one.

As "fast-food" I think it is OK, but the key is you need to control your ingredients and ratios. Half scoop of brown rice, pinto beans, chicken or pork (whichever looks best to me on the line), corn salsa, hot salsa, cheese and sour cream. Not too shabby.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

The best Mexican food in Wickenburg just happens to be a franchise of an AZ chain, Filibertos. I cannot speak to any other AZ locations, but the Wickenburg one beats out the sit-down fancier restaurants hands down. You can eat in or carry out. Either way, you order and pick up your meal at the counter, then take it wherever you want to eat. No chips and salsa, however.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
It’s for hipsters.

Hipsters who like to say "Chipotle". It sounds cool.

"Like, I mean, they are so cultured, you know?"

"I know...Right?"

:rage:

Wink

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I like them, don't eat there too often but as long as you have realistic expectations then I think you won't be disappointed. If I want authentic Mexican food, I'll go to one of the many Mexican places around here. At work there's a little lady who drives around in a Highlander selling homemade food. It's pretty damn good, too. She does a brisk business.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post