SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Calling Police to deal with your shortcomings as an educator/administrator
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling Police to deal with your shortcomings as an educator/administrator Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
A large portion of police calls are due to the fact that people are inept at life and can't solve problems on their own, so they try to dump them on the police.

Suck at being a parent and can't control your kids? Call the cops. (Your 16 year-old beating up your husband in the living room is a legitimate call. The 5 year-old throwing a tantrum is not).

Suck at checking out the noise the racoons made against the side of your house in the night, or the broom that fell in the kitchen closet? Call the cops.

Suck at reading your gas gauge or changing a tire? Call the cops. (Especially when you're a healthy, grown-ass man).

Suck at picking a boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse/significant other and now you fight all the time? Call the cops, make them deal with them tonight, so you can let them back in next weekend and start the cycle all over. Again and again and again.

Suck at chosing who you had kids with so you now can't get along or behave like adults long enough to conduct a simple custody exchange? Call the cops. Every damn weekend. And what do those poor kids learn from watching this?

Suck at getting along with your neighbor to the point that you can't agree who mows or rakes that six-inch stretch of yard by the tree, or who parks in what spot on the (public) street? Call the cops.

Suck at not leaving unsecured loose items like balloons or papers near heat vents in your office? Let the alarm call the cops when the furnace kicks on in the middle of the night. Night after night after night.

I personally would never dream of calling the cops on a six year old kid...but it happens all the time, because adults don't have the balls to be adults anymore. It's an individual problem, but society is rapidly mainstreaming it. And the lawyers don't help. With all the litigation and liability, nobody wants to risk dealing with anything themselves anymore, especially when it's easier to just dump the problem on the cops, because they have to respond to the calls, even if it's not a police issue.

Oh, and when the officer tells you he can't solve your problem for you in the way you would like, because it's not a criminal matter and he has no authority to take action, be sure to ask for his "name and badge number" and call his boss to complain.

Posts: 3506 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well said!

I was paid $7.54/HR to go into harm's way so you didn't have to.

Posts: 638 | Location: Heart of Dixie! | Registered: April 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
...be sure to ask for his "name and badge number" and call his boss to complain.

But, but... The suspect was gray and wearing a mask. I wanted the officer to arrest the raccoon with itty bitty handcuffs.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 5401 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hence the prevalence of CCTV cameras everywhere in schools. A good friend is the Dean of Girls in a local high school and several times a week it's necessary to show parents how guilty their child is.

Posts: 261 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post