SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    An observation about funerals....(uelogy included in OP)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An observation about funerals....(uelogy included in OP) Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Well hell.

Wife's dad died last night. I was as close (and in some cases closer) to him as my own dad.

F Cancer and F 2017.

What a week.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your losses Ronin, stay strong.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences on your losses.

Sorry, I'm not good with words here. You have my good thoughts.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
So I mentioned in my OP that funerals bring out the "best" in people <sarcasm>

Seeing it again now. My step-sister showed her ass last week as I buried my dad, and now I am watching my wife's sister do the same thing as we prepare to bury her father next week.

Wife's family is very Catholic, except for the one SIL (Tammy). Tammy is one step away from atheism, and because her dad was not a regular church goer, she is taking every opportunity to veto any type of religious tone to the visitation and service.

She's a lawyer, and using her bully-skills to get her way. My wife and her mom are trying to keep peace, but Tammy will not concede the fact that yes, we know her dad is dead, and it sucks, but the service is not for him, it is for the living, and very important to her mother.

I've never cared for her, but I am shifting into a sincere dislike.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post