SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Incomplete, Attention Seeking Thread titles are lame.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Incomplete, Attention Seeking Thread titles are lame. Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted
"Opinion about" (with no item included in title)

"You wont believe this..."

And about 50 other variations of reddit / twatter / Facespace click bate subject lines - It goes on and on lately...

Oh, I'm sure your thread will BLOW OUR MINDS, since THE INDUSTRY DOESN'T WANT US TO KNOW ABOUT IT.

Razz

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26324 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just when you think things can't get worse:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wcb6092,

Posts: 12651 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I peruse gun broker pretty often looking at this and that. They seem to be the worlds worst at the "One simple Trick" with the vague picture with the red circle indicating whatever the trick is supposed to be.

I guess people fall for it. If they didn't, you wouldn't see them in such a heavy concentration.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
ONE AMAZING SECRET THAT ALL GUN OWNERS OVER 25 MUST KNOW...

Posts: 32489 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I peruse gun broker pretty often looking at this and that. They seem to be the worlds worst at the "One simple Trick" with the vague picture with the red circle indicating whatever the trick is supposed to be.

I guess people fall for it. If they didn't, you wouldn't see them in such a heavy concentration.

Not just GB. It's everywhere. And, all kinds of click bait shit.

Q

Posts: 26324 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43860 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Have You Noticed

Two faux pas if you count starting a thread you have no interest in following, especially when the first response is the forum owner scolding you and telling you to fix it.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
quote:
Have You Noticed

Two faux pas if you count starting a thread you have no interest in following, especially when the first response is the forum owner scolding you and telling you to fix it.

Just when you thought it couldn’t get better (or worse, depending on your viewpoint), when he does get around to checking back in he steps on his dick about as hard as one could on this board Big Grin

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10924 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Have You Noticed

I just had to come in here to vent out a laugh.

Apparently, someone wasn't up to snuff in noticing who a certain member is. LOL

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19639 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Einstein would be a most excellent cut. Smile

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:
quote:
Have You Noticed

Just when you thought it couldn’t get better (or worse, depending on your viewpoint), when he does get around to checking back in he steps on his dick about as hard as one could on this board Big Grin

2-1/2 years, over a thousand posts, and still doesn't know the lay of the land?

"Einstein" indeed.

As for click-bait threads: I don't click on 'em. Problem solved.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I came late to the thread and it was already locked because I wanted to comment on Bisleyblackhawks photo of the dog holding a cat in his arms, I was rolling on the floor laughing about that photo Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Have You Noticed:

Get your thread locked with this ridiculously easy trick.

See what forum members are doing on the (whatever the other) coast.

See what everyone already knows and you don't!

You wont believe what happens next! Click to see more! Take the bait! Go! Go! Go!

Ummm. No.

Posts: 9139 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
My favorite is “what do we like for X”?
Are we a fucking cult? Wink

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12617 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Yeah, who is this "we". Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Those annoy me too. Makes me want to choke a bitch.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Yes, thank you! I get that we all hopefully like guns, but my choice of underwear is probably going to be different than yours. You do NOT need my advice on this.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
I'll play, My next thread title will be like this

"Knock Knock"

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
help me shop for and buy_____________,
but Iam not gonna tell you why I want it, what it will be used for,
how much I an afford to spend or any of my expectations
Mad

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post