SIGforum
Incomplete, Attention Seeking Thread titles are lame.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/4360027734

February 13, 2018, 07:32 PM
RHINOWSO
Incomplete, Attention Seeking Thread titles are lame.
"Opinion about" (with no item included in title)

"You wont believe this..."

And about 50 other variations of reddit / twatter / Facespace click bate subject lines - It goes on and on lately...

Oh, I'm sure your thread will BLOW OUR MINDS, since THE INDUSTRY DOESN'T WANT US TO KNOW ABOUT IT.

Razz
February 13, 2018, 08:04 PM
Have You Noticed

Q

February 13, 2018, 08:07 PM
wcb6092
Just when you think things can't get worse:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wcb6092,

February 13, 2018, 08:58 PM
jljones
I peruse gun broker pretty often looking at this and that. They seem to be the worlds worst at the "One simple Trick" with the vague picture with the red circle indicating whatever the trick is supposed to be.

I guess people fall for it. If they didn't, you wouldn't see them in such a heavy concentration.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

February 13, 2018, 09:04 PM
RogueJSK
ONE AMAZING SECRET THAT ALL GUN OWNERS OVER 25 MUST KNOW...
February 13, 2018, 10:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I peruse gun broker pretty often looking at this and that. They seem to be the worlds worst at the "One simple Trick" with the vague picture with the red circle indicating whatever the trick is supposed to be.

I guess people fall for it. If they didn't, you wouldn't see them in such a heavy concentration.

Not just GB. It's everywhere. And, all kinds of click bait shit.

Q

February 13, 2018, 10:35 PM
sigmonkey

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
February 15, 2018, 09:29 PM
P210
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Have You Noticed

Two faux pas if you count starting a thread you have no interest in following, especially when the first response is the forum owner scolding you and telling you to fix it.
February 16, 2018, 11:09 AM
911Boss
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
quote:
Have You Noticed

Two faux pas if you count starting a thread you have no interest in following, especially when the first response is the forum owner scolding you and telling you to fix it.

Just when you thought it couldn’t get better (or worse, depending on your viewpoint), when he does get around to checking back in he steps on his dick about as hard as one could on this board Big Grin

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

February 16, 2018, 04:23 PM
Rey HRH
quote:
quote:
Have You Noticed

I just had to come in here to vent out a laugh.

Apparently, someone wasn't up to snuff in noticing who a certain member is. LOL

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
February 16, 2018, 04:31 PM
ffips
Einstein would be a most excellent cut. Smile
February 16, 2018, 05:24 PM
ensigmatic
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:
quote:
Have You Noticed

Just when you thought it couldn’t get better (or worse, depending on your viewpoint), when he does get around to checking back in he steps on his dick about as hard as one could on this board Big Grin

2-1/2 years, over a thousand posts, and still doesn't know the lay of the land?

"Einstein" indeed.

As for click-bait threads: I don't click on 'em. Problem solved.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
February 16, 2018, 07:25 PM
just1tym
I came late to the thread and it was already locked because I wanted to comment on Bisleyblackhawks photo of the dog holding a cat in his arms, I was rolling on the floor laughing about that photo Big Grin

Regards, Will G.
February 16, 2018, 08:11 PM
.38supersig
Have You Noticed:

Get your thread locked with this ridiculously easy trick.

See what forum members are doing on the (whatever the other) coast.

See what everyone already knows and you don't!

You wont believe what happens next! Click to see more! Take the bait! Go! Go! Go!

Ummm. No.

February 16, 2018, 08:30 PM
Prefontaine
My favorite is “what do we like for X”?
Are we a fucking cult? Wink

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
February 16, 2018, 09:46 PM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Yeah, who is this "we". Big Grin
February 16, 2018, 10:25 PM
RAMIUS
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Those annoy me too. Makes me want to choke a bitch.
February 17, 2018, 01:27 AM
furlough
Yes, thank you! I get that we all hopefully like guns, but my choice of underwear is probably going to be different than yours. You do NOT need my advice on this.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato
February 17, 2018, 09:13 AM
lcbjr77
I'll play, My next thread title will be like this

"Knock Knock"

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

February 17, 2018, 09:51 AM
bendable
help me shop for and buy_____________,
but Iam not gonna tell you why I want it, what it will be used for,
how much I an afford to spend or any of my expectations
Mad

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first