SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    It's Official: I Hate the TSA.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's Official: I Hate the TSA. Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
Flew from Manchester to Orlando on Monday morning. 0500 check in. Went through security and got the Full Monte. Fingers inside the waist band, armpits, ball bounce, crack of ass, you name it. I didn't feel safer, I felt fury. A free people should not be subjected to this level of indignity to get on a damned airplane. I'd already been through a totally clean bag x-ray, two hand swabs at different locations, and a clean scanner sweep, so some prick was just checking a box on some form that requires some number of middle aged white guys to be groped by some smiling jackwad who couldn't pass highschool. You're a real go-getter Unterwachtmeister Stinkfinger! Make that quota, and you'll get promoted to Oberwachtmeister Stinkfinger in no time! Maybe get a house in the suburbs and a mistress on the side. Have a second one with the boys tonight after work.

I hope that entire agency is burned to a crisp in the eternal fires. Fuck it, I'll build a fire and burn them one at a time if that's what it takes to get it done sooner.

I will never forgive the politicians for sticking us with that miserable group of serial molesters (Fuck YOU, GWB), and then letting it unionize (DOUBLE FUCK YOU BHO). Those pricks will still be drawing checks when we no longer even need an airline industry because we get StarTrek beamed from point to point. Now that there's a union, they will NEVER go away. Hell, they are still trying to expand into subways, bus systems and every other place people congregate. I'll bet they'd like to check the balls of sports fans heading into high school basketball games or when going into a restaurant. "Big Brother should make sure you are SAFE the TSA Way everywhere you go!" is probably their motto. "Every day is better with a Cavity Search!" must be something like a prime directive. Can't be too safe you know.

Fuck that agency to hell. Why someone would choose to do that for a living is totally alien to me.

With apologies to The Clash;

So you got someone to boss around
It makes you feel big now
You drift until you brutalize
You made your first kill now

[/rant]

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ever seen what's been taken off people trying to board aircraft?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Yup. And according to their 2015 audit, they only hit 5% of the time. That means all of that stuff is already flying behind you in the big metal tube, and mirabile dictu, no one is doing bad things with it.

Xray, scan and profile. Believe it or not, profiling is legal. It's using observation to determine risk.

The only metal on me was my zipper. And amazingly, they didn't actually check that, Lord be praised.

I wasn't a risk; I was a check box.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Now maybe you understand why I prefer to do my own flying. Stick around, we'll teach you how to do it. Wink

Assuming that all the paperwork that I submitted today goes through without a hitch, I'm good for another two years as an instructor.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My name is berto and I support this rant.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Reminded me of the old Minnie Pearl joke.
Can't find the joke but it went sort of like...

Minnie said she got frisked all over, up and down by a Secret Service agent one time. The guy apologized for the necessary intrusion. When it was done she offered the guy a dollar if he would do it again. Big Grin

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Whatever happened to our resident TSA apologist around here? Is he still a member?

Those were some fun threads, watching him get pummeled. Razz

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But.... did you have to take your shoes off?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Whatever happened to our resident TSA apologist around here? Is he still a member?

Those were some fun threads, watching him get pummeled. Razz

Probably to the same place the FBI apologist went Smile

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
I despise the TSA. My 16 year old daughter has been subject to the enhanced pat down the last 4 times we have flown. To say I am getting frustrated is an understatement. We signed up for global entry just to avoid this type of treatment. No dice, still got "randomly" picked. Confused

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
Haven't had the full monte in awhile, but the last time they ran a swab over my hands. I thought that was really odd. Wonder what would have happened if I had been at the range that day?

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
The exact reasons I drive cross country instead of fly.
I decide the leg room, passengers, soundtracks and food/beverage choices.
I decide what guns are where, how many there are and how much ammo.
I decide whether the AC or heat is on and at what level.

The only time I will fly is if a family member is near death 1500 miles away and I may not make it in time if I drive. (less than 36 hrs)
Other than that...FUCK THE TSA SECURITY THEATER.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Had to double-check the OP, definitely had some semblance to a 2000Z-71 rant. Big Grin

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Had to double-check the OP, definitely had some semblance to a 2000Z-71 rant. Big Grin
Nah, I know ArtieS, and I assure you, he is quite rant-capable, although it does take some real assholery to set him off like this.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday at Sacramento, senior gal ahead of me in TSA- Pre had a small dog and was trying to unpack her sew machine. Yes. A sewing machine. She dropped the leash for a moment while the pooch meandered. Good gravy people are numbskulls.

P229

Posts: 3809 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All about driving...

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShouldBFishin:

...but the last time they ran a swab over my hands...

I got that two weeks ago flying back from Stockholm. My boarding pass was marked "SSSS" which (I learned) meant extra screening. At Stockholm I got the hands tested, at Frankfurt (where we boarded the flight to ORD) it was more hand swiping and a few extra questions.

At neither location was there any groping or a body scanner (just a metal detector), and no shoes off.

I'm Global Entry/Pre Check, but AFAIK those don't mean squat overseas.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Flying out of Sacramento I set off the walk through scanner and was motioned to the side. TSA wanded me and the detector indicated my left rear pocket. The agent reaches in the pocket and trying not to smile hands me my tin foil 2 pack of Tucks butt wipes.
Of course I held it high as possible and said honey look what it was as she stood across the room....

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1083 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paying $85 for Pre Check is one of the best investments for my blood pressure while traveling

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post