SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    the select your flavor coke machines
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the select your flavor coke machines Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Anybody ever seen any Pepsi in these machines ?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:

Nope.

I also hate these machines. A regular Coke tastes nasty from these things and they slow down the process of getting a drink. There’s always either someone playing with the machine or is confused as to its operation.

I have intentionally avoided places that have one, when possible.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I guess I'll be the lone dissenter that hasn't had a problem. I like the flavored Sprites and access to some things you normally don't see in a fountain (like flavored lemonades, cream soda, and ginger ale).

I agree with you I enjoy something different every now and then so having more options is great. I do hate the people that stand in front of the machine for 5 min though because you can’t give people that many options.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I hate those things.

Glad I am not the only one.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:

I also hate these machines. . . I have intentionally avoided places that have one, when possible.
I sometimes buy lunch for the guys who work for me.

One of them really likes Firehouse Subs (I don't think their sandwiches are that great); the local Firehouse place has one of these machines. Standing behind somebody who is trying to figure out what s/he wants, and how to get it, is irritating.

I think the worst is when a customer lets their unaccompanied kid go to the machine. Kids are kids, but it makes me want to smack the parent.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Like the ice machine...
NO ONE WOULD USE THEN IF THEY SAW THE INSIDE.
Mold and scum for days.
That ole pink and black kind !

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t mind them. I can get Diet Cherry Coke that way. Yum.

They’re actually pretty neat machines. They order their own refills remotely during an automated process every night. It’s kind of a slick idea. Pepsi has a machine, too, but Coke is clearly champion in that arena.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 811 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have yet to see one in the wild, but Pepsi does make them. Pepsi calls their machine Spire, where Coke calls theirs Freestyle. These machines are very expensive. The Coke machine is $20,000.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:

Why would a soda fountain developed and distributed by The Coca Cola Company have their competition's product in it?

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Firehouse subs has one. Go in at lunch time and there will be 14 assholes in line at the one single touch screen soda machine. Fuck me. Takes 6 minutes to get your food and 13 minutes to get your drink as Sally Indecisive scrolls back and forth and back and forth trying to decide what drink to get. Then can’t figure out how the ice dispenser works.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
Like the ice machine...
Mold and scum for days.

I try to avoid any of those machine (select your flavor or not). Several years ago I noticed that within 45 minutes of eating at a specific fast food place I was running for the can. When I stopped getting pop/ice from the vending machine I no longer had that issue. Now I just stay away from them in general.

Posts: 1800 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
As someone who usually looks for sugar free drinks, I like these. You can get a sugar free serving of pretty much any flavor the load. While I'll drink diet cola, it's way down on my list of preferences. But in most places with soda dispensers, it's usually the only diet flavor available, other than seltzer or water.

And if you know anything about the environment, being a germophobe is a lost cause.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I've never use one of the those machines other than to get ice for my brewed tea.

Only 2 'colas' I will drink?
Mexican Coke and Mexican Pepsi...

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Like the ice machine...
Mold and scum for days.

“SLIME IN THE ICE MACHINE”
Marvin Zindler, Eyewitness News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUqlbjxznZA

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Like the ice machine...
Mold and scum for days.

You know that for a fact? I know two people who worked on this project before they were ever launched and one of them worked for an outside cleaning service that Coke brought in to design the sanitary system used in the machine. A big company that designs clean in place systems for many restaurants and kitchens.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Who came up with this? That touch screen has to be as nasty as a public toilet seat. A thousand snot nosed kids in flu season touching all over it, adults who don't wash their hands after taking a dump, etc.

Nasty

Talking about not washing your hand after taking a dump...That pales when you see where some fast food have stored their bread...this was at my Checkers here in Cleveland TN...this is not the only restaurant that has been busted for this Eek these are the things we see...I can only imagine what we don't see Eek

https://www.foxnews.com/food-d...buns-in-the-bathroom

https://www.wowt.com/home/head...izing-305512431.html

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I fold my finger and use my second knuckle to make my sections.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
I fold my finger and use my second knuckle to make my sections.

Trying...to...hold...back...comment.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Yea, I pass right by those machines to the sweet tea. But that has its own problems. I drink a LOT of sweet tea and can tell when they have just been refilling the dispensers for days and not cleaned them.

And lots of time the tea is hot, that just melts the ice and dilutes it and you can't really get it cold.

I don't go there much any more but it used to be that McDonalds made their tea the night before so it could be cooled out in the cooler before use. (both my Daughters worked there while in high school) One thing they did really well was their sweet tea.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I’ve never had a problem with the flavor coming out of one of these machines. I really like the raspberry Coke zero. You guys are right to be concerned about the touchscreens however. In the biotech industry touch screens have been found to be the dirtiest surface in our manufacturing area. Oh and if you want to bring an alcohol wipe that’s great. To disinfect a surface hast to stay wet with alcohol for 10 minutes. I bet the line will be pretty long behind you.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12425 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post