SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    the select your flavor coke machines
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the select your flavor coke machines Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Who came up with this? That touch screen has to be as nasty as a public toilet seat. A thousand snot nosed kids in flu season touching all over it, adults who don't wash their hands after taking a dump, etc.

Nasty

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Beyond that it doesn't taste right. Some of that probably has to do with the 100 flavor residues present in the single nozzle, and some of it because they have changed how the syrup works.

In a traditional machine the bag of syrup is premixed with its sweetener. Carbonated water is mixed to make what dispenses. In these machines there is a much smaller cartridge of flavor, another source of the sweetener, and then the water.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flush it out with some water before you select your flavor. Then sit down an use alcohol gel.

I carry a pocket container of alcohol preps and swipe the buttons first.

Posts: 465 | Location: Pell City, AL. U.S. | Registered: December 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
They would taste great if you are hankering for a flat diet grape drink.

Anything else? No.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
If you really want to have some fun, see if they'll open the machine for you and check the expiration dates on the cartridges.

I was in a Jack In The Box the other day that had cartridges in it that were a year past their expiration.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And standing behind people while they try to figure the intricacies of this advanced tech is fun too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I hate those things.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
To me, it's no different then any other soda fountain. Just more variety. I like the Orange Vanilla and Raspberry coke flavors.

Posts: 3381 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic15al:
Flush it out with some water before you select your flavor. Then sit down an use alcohol gel.

I carry a pocket container of alcohol preps and swipe the buttons first.

There you go. That is what I do when eating at a place that has these machines.

I like the different flavored gingerales

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14183 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
It took me a couple of minutes to figure out what this thread was about.

I guess when you don't eat at fast food restaurants and don't imbibe in bubbly sugar water, these things are foreign. At least to me they are.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Here’s one for you...

Those cartridges are super concentrated. As in 16oz makes over 50 gallons of soda. Aside of the engineering that microdispenses the syrup accurately everytime, there is the unknown.

They are a hazardous material and DOT laws are to be followed when transporting. Just as well, drop and break a cartridge, it’ll etch and pock mark a sealed concrete floor. They’ll also burn the shit out of your skin.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
They’re everywhere here and seemingly anyone over 60 has to stare at the thing for a couple minutes either deciding what they want or how to use it.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Not me, man. I order, pay for the families meal, then go find a seat. Wife either fills my drink or carries the "food" to the table while I wait. Works for me.

So the food and the drink tastes like crap. I knew going in it would, yet to appease the grandkids, I went. Its the price I pay to be a good grandpa.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Another reason I buy all my drinks at the grocery store. Bottle or can or fuck it I don’t need it.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Beyond that it doesn't taste right. Some of that probably has to do with the 100 flavor residues present in the single nozzle

That's why I always hit the Water button first and give it a good flush before I pick my soda flavor.

I love them, I just hate the people that can't make up their damn mind and hold up the line to them at a busy place. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They never taste right. Something is always off about the flavor. I always let a little flow before filling up.

Half the times the selected combo never works, you have to guess what category your drink is under or start from scratch.

Hate them.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Do NOT like them. Red Face

+1 on above issues, Longer lines too.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, meant to entertain the mindless drones of society.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I'll be the lone dissenter that hasn't had a problem. I like the flavored Sprites and access to some things you normally don't see in a fountain (like flavored lemonades, cream soda, and ginger ale).

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I guess I'll be the lone dissenter that hasn't had a problem. I like the flavored Sprites and access to some things you normally don't see in a fountain (like flavored lemonades, cream soda, and ginger ale).

I am there with you. You are not alone. I like the flavored Coke Zeros. These machines are no more or less sanitary than the door handles used most places. For that matter, the cash money that most handle daily is some of the dirtiest things known to mankind.

I carry hand sanitizer everywhere. Not perfect but far better than the alternatives.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post