SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    There are two things to watch on Amazon Fire right now
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There are two things to watch on Amazon Fire right now Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
Jack & s>>>

I could drive to a movie store, browse, pay, drive back home and put in a DVD faster than finding something decent to watch through the Firestick.

C'mon how about shaking up the line up some?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get a kodi box (there are a bunch of different ones available) or I believe the fire sticks can be jail broken, but these things you can watch ANYTHING you want to watch on them. As long as you have an internet connection you can watch any movie/tv show you can think of. I bought mine at a home/garden show locally and I overpaid by a lot at $300, but even at that price it's been worth every penny.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
A friend was telling me that Kodi can be installed on the fire stick by jailbreaking it. I'm told that there are instructions on the inter-webs to do it.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
Further, I was told that a VPN is useful when using Kodi. But I don't have such a thing so I wouldn't know.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I just watched "Winter's Bone". One of Jennifer Lawrence's first movies. Very good.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
the firestick is just a piece of hardware.

also, you don't need to jailbreak (for android it is actually called "rooting") to install kodi. you do have to sideload it via wifi (search youtube or google for easy to follow videos and download links.)

but kodi won't solve the OPs problem if he can't find anything to watch on amazon prime. and the good add ons for kodi are pretty much all pirated material, anyways.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I have a Kodi box, use it more for finding shows I watch on DirecTV that I missed, or as in the case of Gangland Undercover season 2 the History Channel in the US just pulled the plug 3 episodes in.

Using Kodi I was able to search the TV listings and find the shows for the remainder of the season which are being broadcast in Canada, now we get to finish up the story for the final season, so History can blome.... far as I'm concerned through DirecTV I pay them for the shows, how I see them DTV, internet, my phone is my business.

Plus using Kodi the commercials are eliminated cuts the show to 45 minutes.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post