SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    college football coaches' salaries
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

college football coaches' salaries Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
It's a crock of shit....just like the school district wrapping $60M into school improvements for a fucking high school stadium...it's better than the one at my son's university.

stupid shit

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
I wouldn't mind what so ever if my tax money wasn't going to the colleges. If they can survive on their own without taxpayer money they can pay their coach whatever they want.

This is exactly what I think whenever alumni associations hit up their alumni for donations. Why doesn't the school funnel more money from the football & basketball teams back into the school? It is first & foremost suppose to be an institution of higher learning, isn't it?

"But football & basketball fund all the other sports."
Great, if it's a self-sustaining business model, then how about we jettison the entire athletic dept and let them function on their own. They can run as a minor league or semi-pro league. If they want to continue to be affiliated w/ the university, maybe they can come to a licensing agreement.

This goes back to my argument I posted earlier, who needs the other more? How well would these big name teams do w/o their university affiliations?

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
It's a crock of shit....just like the school district wrapping $60M into school improvements for a fucking high school stadium...it's better than the one at my son's university.

stupid shit

I'm guessing you're referring to Allen HS Eagle Stadium? It would make more sense if it served several HSs in the same school district, but Eagle Stadium is home stadium to only one HS.

Oh, and Allen's football head coach had a salary of $126,365 in 2018. That's 100% paid by taxpayer dollars. I'd bet he gets bonus income from boosters, summer camps, etc.

X’s, O’s and plenty of Zeros: Texas high school football coaches salary database

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post