SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Stickers on items you cant get off.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stickers on items you cant get off. Login/Join 
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Goo-Gone

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep a small glass spray bottle filled with alcohol. Cleans guns, takes stickers off, degreases my keyboard & mouse, & kills germs on my fingers before checking my blood sugar!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 years ago we get brand new Samsung washing machine, big sticker on the front door window. Wife uses Goof Off. Now big opaque spot where sticker was. Sigh. At least the sticker is gone.

Posts: 202 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mindustrial:
3 years ago we get brand new Samsung washing machine, big sticker on the front door window. Wife uses Goof Off. Now big opaque spot where sticker was. Sigh. At least the sticker is gone.

Residual adhesive? Just needs some more solvent and elbow grease.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16304 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
The absolute craziest sticker I've ever seen applied is the warning label on the top of the gas tank of a new motorcycle. I've seen a few of those that were horribly botched during removal.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Ronsonol lighter fluid is my go to adhesive remover. One of the few things that won’t hurt finishes used on guitars.

Posts: 17879 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
On dishes, mugs etc, I remove as much as I can, then put peanut butter on it over night.

Wipes right off next morning.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Sooo that's why idiots wear those ball caps with the stickers on the top - they can't get them off?
I thought they were just retards but now I know. Eek

Posts: 22888 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
How about those ugly sticker the auto manufacturers put on the sun visors to remind you that death will come if you don't fasten your seat-belt. Those are welded on and can't be removed with even a flame thrower.

Remember, stupid people don't/can't read.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4221 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
You can always ask the sales clerk to remove the pricing sticker when you purchase, but that might open up a whole new set of problems!!!

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3M makes a product simply labeled Adhesive Remover. Kind of pricey and usually found only in auto paint stores or on the net. I've been using the same quart can for years. Works great.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are careful, acetone is a pretty good solvent for most adhesives. Another option, hair dryer - warm the sticker with the dryer, peel the label off. Then a little acetone on a rag to get the rest off. The acetone evaporates pretty quickly, so there is a balance of enough and quick enough.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
Used car with a Hillary sticker next to an Obama sticker?

Take to the nearest car crusher and put it out of its misery. Big Grin

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris42:
If you are careful, acetone is a pretty good solvent for most adhesives. Another option, hair dryer - warm the sticker with the dryer, peel the label off. Then a little acetone on a rag to get the rest off. The acetone evaporates pretty quickly, so there is a balance of enough and quick enough.

Be careful Acetone will etch plexi glass. WD 40 is also a pretty good adhesive remover for stickers.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mindustrial:

I made this mistake once too. Luckily it was only a plastic cup.

I discovered that:

Goo Gone = never had it harm a surface. I believe it's a petroleum / citrus solvent mixture

Goof Off = harms plastic, and other surfaces. I think it has a stronger solvent like MEK or something similar.

So I leave Goof Off in the garage to be used only for non-painted metal and such.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Golf clubs always come with really nasty stickers wrapped around the shaft. A blow dryer brings them right off. Not sure if that would work on other merchandise.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MtnPlinker:
Produce stickers that break into pieces... but don’t come off with soap.

My solution is to eat the sticker too. Big Grin

Posts: 13085 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post