SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    It's A Man's Surname-please get it right!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's A Man's Surname-please get it right! Login/Join 
posted
Hogue.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Rhymes with "rogue."

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino: Doctor's office scene

Is this trouble with spelling or pronouncing it? My own surname is spelled like it sounds and pronounced like it looks, but I might as well have grown a third head for all people know.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Rhymes with "rogue."
Oh yeah? How do you know it isn't Hispanic? "Oh-hey."

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Damn, I owe someone an apology. I thought it was pronounced Hogue.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Rhymes with "rogue."

Huh, I thought it might rhyme with "dog."

I kid, I kid. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Mr. umm, Ho-gey, the dr. Is ready for you now.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I thought it was a sandwich.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
And still, most people say Garand wrong also.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My last name is German heritage, 11 letters, 5 of which are vowels. Another well known, but unrelated family of same pronunciation but different spelling locally. I'm ok if they even get fucking close. And I am so tired of spelling it for people I just say Smith when it's not an official need (wait list, reservation, etc). I like the ones that pronounce letters that aren't even there the most.

Be happy, yours is easy.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know the feeling. My Batchelor name was Polish. I had a bank teller tell me I had spelled it wrong.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Next thing you know, folks will start pronouncing Mr. Hyundai's name and realize the y is not silent.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Hoage?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
My Batchelor name was Polish.

Was your nickname "Kiwi"? How did folks pronounce that?

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quei

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Hogue. You mean like Rouge? Big Grin

Posts: 17054 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post