SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Chick-Fil-A has bent the knee - literally.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chick-Fil-A has bent the knee - literally. Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
As far as I'm concerned, the CEO can frolic around while wearing a pink tutu, or dance naked on the beach at high tide, but the quality of the food, the cleanliness of the place, the courtesy of the employees, has not been compromised, so I will continue to eat at Chick-Fil-A when I want fast food.

Really, I'm not going to let the HMFIC's antics drive me to McDonalds.

I will (and did) however, send them an email suggesting that they stick to what they do well -- providing good food and good service at a reasonable price -- and stop pandering to special interest groups that do not have the interest of our nation at heart, at the risk of aggravating a larger group of customers.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised many folks that pander to this crap can still go to any retail or food establishment by now. Before long, they'll all have to live off the grid on their own farm because there won't be any more business that haven't said something they disagree with. Roll Eyes

I don't go to CFA for political reasons. I go for a goddamn chicken sandwich or salad that I'm willing to pay the posted price for. As long as they have that (and there's not a Zaxby's nearby), I'm still in.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
As far as I'm concerned, the CEO can frolic around while wearing a pink tutu, or dance naked on the beach at high tide, but the quality of the food, the cleanliness of the place, the courtesy of the employees, has not been compromised, so I will continue to eat at Chick-Fil-A when I want fast food.

Really, I'm not going to let the HMFIC's antics drive me to McDonalds.
I agree. I may have to send an email of my own to them.

quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
As long as they have that (and there's not a Zaxby's nearby), I'm still in.

Zaxby's is good? I never tried it.

Posts: 7251 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:

They don’t have the creepy good manners of CFA, but their chicken fingers and zalads are great, especially if you try their hot sauces. I’m also a big fan of their fries dipped in their Zax Sauce.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"creepy good manners of CFA" sounds kinda....uhhh I dunno.

I like the fact that the order takers/servers at the window and counter folks are polite. I never felt any creepiness being thanked for patronizing them or even by the "My pleasure" instead of "No problem." Doesn't seem creepy to me, but YMMV, I guess.

I don't go there for politics, myself, and would be pretty surprised if someone there starting speaking politics. I might agree or disagree with their point of view, but all I want is a cold drink, fast, polite service and a clean atmosphere.

Bob

Posts: 1573 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Before long, they'll all have to live off the grid on their own farm because there won't be any more business that haven't said something they disagree with. Roll Eyes

I get it, and I've had similar thoughts myself at times. *shrug*

We're deep in a culture war. I didn't fight it for a long time because I didn't want to get involved. But certain people in this country have decided that there are sides to this thing, and they're not on mine because I was born a white man. All this shit about white guilt and white privilege and systemic racism and "you're so racist as a white person and it's so ingrained by default that you don't even realize you're a foaming-at-the-mouth bigot" stuff has changed me. Maybe it's not so bad where you live in New Mexico, but in the greater Seattle area, it's fucking stifling. If you don't virtue signal hard enough, often enough, you are out, ostracized, don't matter. I've seen it happen, and it's happened to me.

So a company I've defended for years to these super-leftist know-nothings spouting off about "hate chicken" and "they don't serve gay people at their restaurants" has now thrown in their lot with these people and decided to pander to them.

I will not support that with my business. If that means I don't do fast food anymore, so be it. You can do business with whom you please and I won't cast aspersions on you for it, but all my life I've been told I need to feel bad for being a white guy and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay money for that privilege. If it inconveniences me, so be it.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:

I have never seen what is so great about them myself.
Compared them to any other fast food restaurant that I have been in, Chick-Fil-A is cleaner, more efficient, much higher probability of getting the order filled correctly, courteous employees.

In just about any category that you can judge a fast food place, Chick-Fil-A stands out, miles ahead of other chains.
Absolutely true .

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Or Raisin' Cain's, if you're near one. I think it's a West Texas thing though.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3296 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen to what P220Smudge posted above. I use to make it a point to use CFA as first choice whenever getting fast-food; recommended the chain to many while talking about fast-food choices; got into arguments with people ignorant of CFA's fair and non-discriminatory policies.

No more. When CFA changed the charities they donate to, I suspected they were doing so because of "optics" instead of holding fast to their beliefs.

I saw the clip of Dan Cathy doing the shoeshine thing a while back and did watch the whole show to see if there was any context I might have missed. There wasn't and I didn't.

It's disheartening to see the owners of CFA join the groveling and pandering to organizations promoting hate and racism rather than fighting the lies or, at the very least, staying out of the fray and being non-committal when pressed.

As much as I like the food at CFA, I won't be spending any more money with them.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
P220 Smudge, great post!

Agree with what you are saying, some businesses, people, entities - are forcing the issue. We all have to decide if we are going to just accept it or fight it. Since Chick-Fil-A is first and foremost a business, the best way to fight it is simple, don't give them any of your $$$$.

Luckily, there are more than a "few" other places to eat in this country.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
We're deep in a culture war.
Good post, sir. Through their "Contact Us" section on their web site, I sent a message explaining, among other things, how Chick-Fil-A is pandering to the very people that would shut them down tomorrow due to their disdain and hatred for Capitalism. I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears...

** And I don't even eat at Chick-Fil-A...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm surprised many folks that pander to this crap can still go to any retail or food establishment by now. Before long, they'll all have to live off the grid on their own farm because there won't be any more business that haven't said something they disagree with. Roll Eyes

I don't go to CFA for political reasons. I go for a goddamn chicken sandwich or salad that I'm willing to pay the posted price for. As long as they have that (and there's not a Zaxby's nearby), I'm still in.

Pretty much true. If you go this route, you'll be making your own clothes, tending to your garden, chickens, cows, pigs, flying to the Pacific Ocean to catch your fish, building your own cars, etc. I don't eat at Chick as I do my best to not eat Fast Food because it's garbage to me, but I've quit with the boycotting. Life is hard enough for me running a household. If it's blatant pandering and it's feasible I will steer clear when I have personal reasons for not shopping at x, or y. I just don't have the time to politicize soap, household goods, food, etc. If I'm on a road trip, and I need to eat, and no grocery stores are open I'll hit fast food on a need basis only, otherwise I avoid it like the plague.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

Pretty much true. If you go this route, you'll be making your own clothes, tending to your garden, chickens, cows, pigs, flying to the Pacific Ocean to catch your fish, building your own cars, etc. I don't eat at Chick as I do my best to not eat Fast Food because it's garbage to me, but I've quit with the boycotting. Life is hard enough for me running a household. If it's blatant pandering and it's feasible I will steer clear when I have personal reasons for not shopping at x, or y. I just don't have the time to politicize soap, household goods, food, etc. If I'm on a road trip, and I need to eat, and no grocery stores are open I'll hit fast food on a need basis only, otherwise I avoid it like the plague.

What you and virus don't seem to get is that those of us who choose to not spend money with companies that support organizations working for the destruction of America do understand what our choices mean. Seeking alternatives or doing without is part of the decision matrix.

If you and virus think you're enlightening anyone here as to the consequences of their choices and actions, you are mistaken.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:

What you and virus don't seem to get is that those of us who choose to not spend money with companies that support organizations working for the destruction of America do understand what our choices mean. Seeking alternatives or doing without is part of the decision matrix.

If you and virus think you're enlightening anyone here as to the consequences of their choices and actions, you are mistaken.

Oh give it a break. We understand, completely. I don’t eat at this place for health reasons, nor any fast food if I can help it. As I stated above, if someone is pandering, a business, I’ll do my part and not give them any of my money. Flesh made a great point, that I agreed with. ALL these mother fucking companies are doing it at this point. Look at all of sports, every league, ok so you shut all that off. Next, Hollyweird, forget about it, so shut all that off too, no films. Food companies and chains next. Pretty soon you’ll be painted into a corner. I do what is reasonable. But I’m not going to live in a vacuum. I can’t. Chick fil A doesn’t get my $. I don’t watch these sports leagues any longer. What else do you want me to do? I, for one, am fucking sick and tired of the politicization of everything, this pandemic included. I have a very very short life, it won’t last long, so I vote, and do what I can, but my life doesn’t revolve around what a company does or does not support. At this point all of them are doing this shit if you look. I buy my groceries, go to work, and try to find some peace in my day. I’m not politicizing everything in life. It’s too damn much work.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh give it a break. We understand, completely.

If you understand, but you don't give a shit, that's your deal. Not mine.

quote:
I, for one, am fucking sick and tired of the politicization of everything, this pandemic included.

Then maybe start your own thread bitching about it.

I'm running a household over here, too. I simply said I'm not going to further support CFA with my business because of this stuff, and you're going off about building cars and fishing for salmon. One thing is for certain, you're not going to talk me into not giving a shit simply because you don't. So you don't care what they do. That's great. We understand, completely. You've made it abundantly clear. Nobody gave you any flak about it, so I don't see why you're firing some off. As you say, give it a break.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:

Tried it once. Sucked. Didn't go back. That location closed down and became an Apollo Burger. I rejoiced.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tiger 2 Tank
posted Hide Post
I stopped eating there a while back. They were starting to waver around on their politics. On top of that, it seemed like every time I went through the drive thru, my order was always wrong....almost every time. Then I got a gift card from there from an anonymous Christmas source, I went to use it and I had to have a code to activate it....but the anonymous source didn’t leave the code. Kind of pissed me off that a customer had to go through that when the gift card should have been activated when it was bought. They are a little expensive too. So, I just got tired of them.

Posts: 968 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I'm seeing a great example of Zeitgeist, often defined as The Spirit Of The Times.

And I'm tired of it.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
This may sound like blasphemy here but my favorite chicken sandwich is actually the spicy chicken from Wendy's.

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post