SIGforum
Describing hard liquor in the same manor as wines

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/4310087244

June 08, 2018, 06:29 AM
mttaylor1066
Describing hard liquor in the same manor as wines
On a scale of "no" peat smoke to "too much" peak smoke, Lagavulin 16 is several notches less smoke than Laphroiag 10... to me, the Lagavulin is a smooth malt. As soon as I empty the bottle I beat a path to the liquor store to get another. I always have it on hand.

But my favorite malt is the Ardbeg Uigeadail... much like the Lagavulin but just a touch deeper. Yes, they both have a hint of iodine flavor... and I love it.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.
June 08, 2018, 12:12 PM
konata88
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I've tried to like the stuff. Can't do it.

I haven't been able to acquire the taste for the peaty stuff. I wasted some good money on stuff I couldn't drink.

That being said, there is some good stuff that I can drink. Highland Park and Glenmorangie have some very palatable offerings. But they tend to be pricey and not really a good value for me.

I've discovered Monkey Shoulder recently. Has a taste I can accept at a reasonable price. It may be disdainful for the purists who have acquired the taste for the better stuff. But I'm happy. Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
June 08, 2018, 12:28 PM
airsoft guy
I concur, they needs real descriptions of what these boozes do, and taste like.

"Sour like a dog's ass. Funnily enough, the last thing I remember before Time Traveling (blacking out) was repeatedly requesting to lick my friend's ass. She declined. I think. I then woke up sans pants, sitting in a pile/puddle of cold chili (it was not chili). 3 out of 5 stars."

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.
June 08, 2018, 03:17 PM
Fredward
I had this discussion in a tony bar one night. They had a whiskey guy that was like one of the wine uppity wine guys. He couldn't make me understand his descriptions, so he started giving me samples. He actually had a Japanese whiskey that tasted like coffee, some fine Irish stuff I drink when I want to spend the money. (The coffee stuff is 300 a bottle, no way.) I did have to take an Uber home.
June 08, 2018, 03:22 PM
kz1000

It'll fuck you up for less money.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris
June 08, 2018, 04:00 PM
sadlerbw
I recall, for my 21st birthday, I went out with the family at a fancy local restaurant and we all had dinner in a room surrounded by windowed walls with their liquor stock arranged on the other side. When it was my turn to order the obligatory drink, I asked the waiter what the most expensive liquor in the place was and he pointed to a bottle he said was Louis XIII cognac. I'll have a snifter of that, says I. They bring it out, make a big ceremony of lighting a glass of some other, lesser liquor on fire just to warm up my drink, and present it to me. I believe my exact words were, "That is the smoothest moonshine I've ever had...It tastes like burning." And that, my friends, was when I really started to accept that liquor, even the high-end stuff, just isn't my thing. On the bright side, that just means more for those of you who do appreciate it!

- Bret
June 08, 2018, 08:19 PM
GA Gator
I once got ship wrecked of the coast of Drambuie

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo
June 08, 2018, 08:48 PM
ShneaSIG
Bourbon... it tastes like a warm summer day.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"
June 09, 2018, 05:03 PM
Blume9mm
I posted something about his a few months back...
Tewla Moore Dew (sp?) is the best Irish whiskey there is.... like a really smooth bourbon .... but the description that put on the inside of the 12year old box sounds like some pinko wine sipping wimp wrote it... I actually wrote the company and complained about this... they said it was written by 'experts'...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"