SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Neighbor Calls the Cops on Me for Mowing His Lawn
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neighbor Calls the Cops on Me for Mowing His Lawn Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I guess you guys are right, he’s all messed up. I’ll give him the benefit of a doubt.

The anger is now subsiding lol.

If anyone ever needs a mow, let me know. Razz

It will be interesting to see how this ends once your neighbor comes home. Please post an update.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6371 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
The dude is on some major drugs let alone the trauma to his core.
I was in that shape at one time.
The decisions I made were terrible and cost many friendships.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I mow for our neighbor who is in her mid-60's. She also walks our dogs for us if we're running late. It's a good trade, we help each other with our strengths/abilities and everyone gets along.

The neighbor to the sides of me, they have services come out. Where the line is has never come up, we just mow where we mow.

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

If anyone ever needs a mow, let me know. Razz
Do you need directions to my house, or do you have it covered with GPS?

Next in line after V-Tail, please.

Our grass grows quick so twice a week will have to suffice. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
A couple of weeks ago I waited until my neighbor left and spread weed and feed on his yard because I was sick of his dandelion field. No more dandelions and his yard looks way greener now.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Was that you? I was going to make dandelion wine and some asshole killed my crop when I wasn't home.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...620074654#5620074654

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Best defused and resolved (if really a problem) by > GO TALK TO HIM, see how's he doing.

I think the high road this time is best.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I have learned a lot from dogs that have owned me.

1. Everything is a threat.
2. All threats might be your friend.
3. Treat all strange things as a threat.
4. All strange things might scratch your ears, rub yer belly, throw the stick or ball or give you a treat.
5. Trust nothing.
6. Want to trust everything.
7. If all else fails, you have teeth, and you can kill them, or die trying.
8. "SQUIRREL!!!"

and last, but not least...

9. All dogs, go to heaven.

Life is too damned short. Approach your neighbor as a dog.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Damn that was good.

Dogs are wise.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Best defused and resolved (if really a problem) by > GO TALK TO HIM, see how's he doing.

I think the high road this time is best.

This. Think about it, traumatic injury and then you see someone on your property. Easy to lose perspective. A simple conversation should clear it up. If it doesn't I still commend you for trying to do the neighborly thing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
A couple of weeks ago I waited until my neighbor left and spread weed and feed on his yard because I was sick of his dandelion field. No more dandelions and his yard looks way greener now.

<Thread drift>. Hmmm. Not cool. Hopefully he doesn’t have cameras up.
Some people make a purposeful/mindful choice not to use chemicals/herbicides on their lawn. I have parrots, for example, and we are near a tributary river that leads into a large lake. I’d be pretty unhappy if someone, without my knowledge or permission, did anything like that to my property.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

it seems to me that is over the line and not cool at all

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post