SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Neighbor Calls the Cops on Me for Mowing His Lawn
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neighbor Calls the Cops on Me for Mowing His Lawn Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted
What. The. Hell.

The guy got into a severe motorcycle accident about 2 months ago. He pretty much shattered everything from the waist down, so he’s been in the hospital since then.

Me, being the nice neighbor that I am, saw his yard turning into a jungle and decided to mow his lawn with my riding mower.

Dipshit sees me on his camera from his hospital bed and calls the cops on me because he didn’t know who was mowing his lawn....

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
No good deed goes unpunished, did they write you up and toss ya in jail for trespass?

Probably couldn't tell who you were, maybe on medication, figured you were there to get his Amazon packages...

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
2 ways you can respond...go visit and ask him if he would like you to mow it or just call the city and complain its now mowed Smile

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
No good deed goes unpunished, did they write you up and toss ya in jail for trespass?

Probably couldn't tell who you were, maybe on medication, figured you were there to get his Amazon packages...

I was on my riding mower with my little boy in my lap.

Cops drive by as I was finishing up. Told them what’s up, and they just drove away.

My wife and I were even planning on making food for him after he got home, but no fucking way. I don’t want to be standing on his porch with a casserole and have SWAT show up.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My wife and I were even planning on making food for him after he got home, but no fucking way. I don’t want to be standing on his porch with a casserole and have SWAT show up.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Give him the benefit of the doubt. It is possible he had a head injury or perhaps he is having paranoid ideation. Send him a written note as to what you were doing and see what happens. This is not rational behavior on his part, so do not overreact. Keep us posted.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Give him the benefit of the doubt. It is possible he had a head injury or perhaps he is having paranoid ideation. Send him a written note as to what you were doing and see what happens. This is not rational behavior on his part, so do not overreact. Keep us posted.

Yeah, good point. He did split his helmet in half...

and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
quote:
He did split his helmet in half...

I'd say a TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) is responsible for his actions. Hell, I'd let you mow my lawn if I was healthy and watching you while drinking a beer! Big Grin

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Don't let his bad behavior take away from your good nature.
I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and write/call him and see what's up. It may have been a silly misunderstanding as others have said.
Good on you for being a decent human being. Smile

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Sorry, call the cops on me for doing something nice and I'll never talk to you again. If someone mowed my grass for me I'd be thankful.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
Sorry, call the cops on me for doing something nice and I'll never talk to you again. If someone mowed my grass for me I'd be thankful.
Yeah, someone starts mowing my grass and I really don't care who it is. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Someone starts mowing my lawn and I'm thinking "do I have to pay him?" Big Grin

Posts: 13090 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Did the cops tell you your neighbor called them? It's not clear to me.

But, yeah, I would chalk it up to the trauma because who would think, "That guy's mowing my lawn! He's going to steal all the grass clippings!"

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19641 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
send him the fucking bill

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Someone starts mowing my lawn and I'm thinking "do I have to pay him?" Big Grin

Get ‘em a twelve pack. If it’s a really big lawn get ‘em a case.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Is it possible.....that he was watching a small, pixelly image on his laptop, seeing what looked to him, like some nutcase riding an ATV on his lawn?

Give him the benefit of the doubt. Go visit him. He would probably love the company. And you'll both have a good laugh.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2836 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
And, are you busy next Tuesday? Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
What. The. Hell.

The guy got into a severe motorcycle accident about 2 months ago. He pretty much shattered everything from the waist down, so he’s been in the hospital since then.

Me, being the nice neighbor that I am, saw his yard turning into a jungle and decided to mow his lawn with my riding mower.

Dipshit sees me on his camera from his hospital bed and calls the cops on me because he didn’t know who was mowing his lawn....

you're thinking he is rational. That may not be the case. I'd give him a break.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Does he know who you are, I.e. were you friends prior to this accident? “Neighbor” brings up the connotation of “friend”.

I’ve got folks who live on the end of my block that I only recognize as they drive by and wave (by vehicle id).
I think the casserole is a nice touch, and goes further to prove you didn’t intend to mow down his azaleas on your last pass Wink

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5303 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
You should have rooms the cops that you were “traveling” & you don’t wanna create joinder. I think you may also need a flag with gold fringe.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
When I was laid up with a broken neck, several neighbors took turns mowing my grass for a month or two and refused to let me pay them. I was so touched that it made my allergies kick up.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post