SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Staying at a private home—“openDNS” blocks SF. WTF?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Staying at a private home—“openDNS” blocks SF. WTF? Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
Just logged on to wi-if instead of using cellular. Wi-Fi host blocks SF for “weapons”.
I told them wait until Kavanaugh gets on SC. Yeah, I know. Fuck ‘em. Back on Verizon.

Posts: 18067 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
get a VPN

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
So your using someone's wi-fi signal and your not happy with the setting they have on it?

I'll admit to not being real sharp about all this but if its like my router I can place restrictions on its use.
Access to Sigforum for you may be just fine but they may also have young children that they want to restrict what they can have access too.

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Here you go, $24.99 for a lifetime subscription to VPNSecure, use on up to 5 devices:

https://stacksocial.com/sales/...07-88ad-715e21aef077

quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
get a VPN

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Mustang, if you dont know what your kids are looking at, you need blockers. IF your a responisble parent you damn well know what your kids are doing. He probably was at someones place that didnt care enough aobut there kids, but more about their kids not being scared by big scarey mean weapons

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Kind of unusual for a private homeowner to block these sites. I wonder why this was done. Did you ask whether it was done deliberately? Might have just accepted a default set of blocking rules without actually looking at them.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
It wouldn’t bother me but staying at a friend’s while he’s away—I’m covering his cardiology practice. We took Hunter Education together!!

Posts: 18067 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
It wouldn’t bother me but staying at a friend’s while he’s away—I’m covering his cardiology practice. We took Hunter Education together!!

Might want to ask him, when he returns, "WTF, bro?" Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
Mustang, if you dont know what your kids are looking at, you need blockers. IF your a responisble parent you damn well know what your kids are doing . He probably was at someones place that didnt care enough aobut there kids...

BWAHAHAHA!!!

Fatman either has no kids, or they were so skilled he was left with this rosy delusion.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Maybe this was installed by a cable company "technician" and your friend doesn't even realize that some sites are blocked?

Can you get access to the modem to fix the DNS settings?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't surprise me to know he doesn't even know it's blocked. Probably has some sort of "protective" software installed that blocks it automatically cause guns are bad.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
Wouldn't surprise me to know he doesn't even know it's blocked. Probably has some sort of "protective" software installed that blocks it automatically cause guns are bad.
Hey! That's what I said, 11 minutes before you, in the post just before yours.

You need to be more perceptive, dude. Oh, wait . . .

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים