SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Is sugar addiction real?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is sugar addiction real? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I’m not addicted! I just need it!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I blame mom,
Back before people read labels on cans of stuff,
Hi C fruit drink was sold as a healthy fruit drink,

The shit was a can of sugar with a cup of water in it.

I'd go through a whole can in two days !

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
11 days and 13 pounds so far. The rate of decrease has slowed to normal the last couple days. The sugar cravings aren’t nearly as bad but I could still wreck a chocolate pie in about 7 seconds. It’d probably sound like the raptors in Jurassic Park eating that cow.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a very strong aversion or craving for sweets. I generally eat very healthy in my normal meals. Ice cream, popsicles, baked desserts things of that nature generally at night. The problem in my diet are the sweets.

When I stuck to my diet before and got away from fattening stuff (ice cream, baked desserts). I could be good with a couple of low fat greek yogurts with fruit in them for dessert. They were sweet enough etc.

But yes, I think sugar can be a problem for some people. Fried foods I could go without eating for an entire month and I don't even think about it (I don't do fried very often anyways).

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Two weeks in and the sugar cravings are almost gone. I’m down 17lbs as of this morning.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I suppose you could get addicted to anything. I’ve always had a raging sweet tooth but my weight creeps up more easily every year and one of the biggest factors is sugar. I cut it out of my diet not quite 5 days ago except for the jug of OJ I was finishing (too expensive to pour it out). As of this morning I’m down 9lbs already. Figuring at least half to 2/3 could be water but I’m still a bit surprised. The downside is that I could punch babies right now. Mad

ETA: I have to drop about 15-20lbs of fat cause when my weight goes up so does my blood pressure and it was high even with my White Coat Syndrome at the dentist last week.

Absolutely real. Sugar releases pleasure hormones just like dope and sex. You may even have headaches and your sleep interrupted by cravings for sugary breads, cereals, etc. There's even some research out there that says sugar causes the systemic inflammation that causes cancer.

I have a friend who went super low carb last year. She was a Type 2 diabetic. She's lost 40 pounds and her doctor has basically told her that she's "cured" of Type 2 diabetes. Amazing.

It'll take 2 weeks for it to pass, but once it does, your cravings will become almost non-existent.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I suppose you could get addicted to anything. I’ve always had a raging sweet tooth but my weight creeps up more easily every year and one of the biggest factors is sugar. I cut it out of my diet not quite 5 days ago except for the jug of OJ I was finishing (too expensive to pour it out). As of this morning I’m down 9lbs already. Figuring at least half to 2/3 could be water but I’m still a bit surprised. The downside is that I could punch babies right now. Mad

ETA: I have to drop about 15-20lbs of fat cause when my weight goes up so does my blood pressure and it was high even with my White Coat Syndrome at the dentist last week.

Absolutely real. Sugar releases pleasure hormones just like dope and sex. You may even have headaches and your sleep interrupted by cravings for sugary breads, cereals, etc. There's even some research out there that says sugar causes the systemic inflammation that causes cancer.

I have a friend who went super low carb last year. She was a Type 2 diabetic. She's lost 40 pounds and her doctor has basically told her that she's "cured" of Type 2 diabetes. Amazing.

It'll take 2 weeks for it to pass, but once it does, your cravings will become almost non-existent.

This is true for a lot of people with Type 2 diabetes. I have a friend/customer that did the same thing and doesn't need any meds and his sugar levels are in the normal range now.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post