SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My insurance agent’s receptionist must be stoned
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My insurance agent’s receptionist must be stoned Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
Had a voicemail from my agent to call him back, no details. I called back and I swear the receptionist was blazed up on some quality weed. Every statement/response started with a long “uhhhhh” and she couldn’t remember my name from one moment to the next. She asked three times what I was calling about and each time I said, “He left me a voicemail to call back, that’s all.” After going through all this she told me that he’s out of the office til this afternoon. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
"Dave's not here, Man!"

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Let me guess, Geico?

There's a BIG call center in Poway, CA and it's the same drivers who cannot seem to slow down at a couple four-way stops on either side of their building (especially when people was in the crosswalk).

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
State Farm. I’ve been really happy with them til this year.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had trouble when my female agent had surgery.
She was replaced by her husband at the time.
I called to get my new pole building insured. Ok, no problem.
A couple years later the credit union where I had my loan for the building called and said I have no insurance. I call my agent and she says, yes, sorry ex husband not only screwed up her insurance business, but also her secretary. Hard to do work with all the in office sex.
I switched agents.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Had trouble when my female agent had surgery.
She was replaced by her husband at the time.
I called to get my new pole building insured. Ok, no problem.
A couple years later the credit union where I had my loan for the building called and said I have no insurance. I call my agent and she says, yes, sorry ex husband not only screwed up her insurance business, but also her secretary. Hard to do work with all the in office sex.
I switched agents.

I bet your blood boiled learning you had no insurance. Mine did after learning the car I was driving lapsed insurance. No notice. No phone call. And I was insured with them for over 10 years at the time.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you call back at, say, around 4:20?

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Did you call back at, say, around 4:20?

Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Similar reason to why I switched agents.
My agent retired & closed her branch. All clients moved to another group locally.
Reception had no idea what they were doing, I didn't have an assigned agent.

Had requested insurance be added on a cargo trailer we'd bought, mostly since it was stored off our property. Fast forward a bit & after we'd switched to our current agent, we sold the trailer.
Call my current agent to drop the ins coverage & got a "there's no coverage on the trailer".

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the Geico app because it shows you everything you have insured.

I think State Farm has since gotten a mobile app now, but one of the main reasons I switched to Geico was because State Farm’s tech was so outdate I could only hope and pray the person on the other end of the phone did their job right.

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
"Dave's not here, Man!"

"I wasn't looking at his neck"

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Time to find a new agent / company.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Interesting. We dumped State Farm yesterday, ourselves. Our old agent retired a couple months ago and they sent our account to a FNG who couldn’t be bothered to return calls when I’d leave messages on his effing voicemail.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
I love the Geico app because it shows you everything you have insured.

I think State Farm has since gotten a mobile app now, but one of the main reasons I switched to Geico was because State Farm’s tech was so outdate I could only hope and pray the person on the other end of the phone did their job right.

Yup. I don't have or need an insurance 'agent'.

Just another used car type salesperson wanting to get into my wallet.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’ve been out mowing the last few hours. Guess what? No call on the caller ID. I’m shocked.

posted Hide Post
Back in 2005 I traded up to a new BMW motorcycle. Dealers wife (a real dippy and now divorced) did the paperwork and insurance coverage transfer.

Three months later, I was involved in a hit and run crash. Hispanic female crashed into my new bike, then scooted to Mexico. We never found her or the car.

My big shock was when I found no insurance coverage on the new motorcycle. Lot's of late night paperwork got that fixed and the bike repaired.

On next renewal, I switched to State Farm. I pay more now but I have an agent who's not brain dead.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was recently insurance shopping. One dude I wanted a quote from was never in the office. And on my second visit, a client was raising hell with the receptionist about his insurance coverage being cancelled for non-payment. And he had cancelled checks to show payment.
I bailed.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Little less than a year ago, called in (like I do each month) to pay my insurance by credit card. Agent's admin assistant answers phone. Well, she'd just clicked on a Windows update and computer is in update mode. Takes my card information and says she'll process when her computer comes back up.

Following month, call to pay. New girl says my policy was cancelled! Non payment!

Had to re-instate policy - and it went up $20/month. I'm still not happy about that. Agent apologized profusely - he'd gotten rid of the girl because she was an airhead.

Yes. I got that part. I was driving an entire month with no coverage.

Now I ask for an e-mail confirmation of payment each time. No problems since.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
For anything insurance related, I use e-mail. That way, if something goes sideways like that, I can rely on my agent's E&O carrier to get it sorted out post-haste.

Haven't had to do that, but I'll be prepared if I do.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goingbroke
posted Hide Post
I get that here since most long term State Farm agents were forced to retire or bought out by State Farm so they could inject many newer agents in for lower pay an here comes the drones right along with them...

...the drones barely can answer the phone let alone complete business matters!

Those agents who once handled generations of families are getting to be a rare thing of the past now.

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." - Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 5055 | Location: South of Atlanta | Registered: July 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post