SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sad state of journalism
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sad state of journalism Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Implication is that he scammed the us taxpayers and stole over a million bucks from Welfare.

But if you google and read the facts he is volunteering to repay over a million dollars paid to him for endorsements where the abusing party improperly used Welfare money to pay him.

^^^^^^^
Living in Mississippi, I have access to some of the facts. He was paid a million dollars for services that were NEVER provided. He was a no show for a speech and facts indicate he was not even there. He did not know he was paid with illgotten funds. His longtime agent had no comment. The following day he sent a check for 500,000 dollars and an agreement to pay an additonal half million in installmants. So that is the rest of the story. There was NO criminal indictment and Shad White, the state auditor is happy.

Yep Farve was guilty of nothing but being Farve, but the press tag lines make it out to be something else, click bait on Fox TV channel

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's no such thing as true journalism anymore. It's all agenda driven with twisted or distorted facts (or outright lies) and relevant things left out intentionally, to suit the writer's agenda.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
There's no such thing as true journalism anymore.

I was just about to type this.

Honest-to-God "journalism" disappeared a long time ago. And one can argue it never really existed, since many newspapers in the old days had axes to grind. "Journalism" is part of show business. And look where show business is nowadays.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post