SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Apple Updates Available (macos)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple Updates Available (macos) Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Choices:
* Try in an Hour
* Try Tonight
* Remind Me Tomorrow

Where in Hell is the “Remind Me Next Year” choice? Everything is working perfectly right now. Leave me alone.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8931 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
First, I've never seen a MacOS update jack up a computer the way some Win ones do, but if you want to block those you can.

Just click the Apple icon at top left, then About this Mac, then Software Updates and uncheck the box for Automatically keep my Mac up to date. I believe this will kill app updates as well, but if you're anti-any-updates-ever-on-my-lawn that may be want you want. There's also an Advanced option there where you may try unchecking all but the app updates if you still want those to run.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12399 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

If you don't want to be reminded about a particular update again, ever:

Open a Terminal window and enter:

softwareupdate --ignore [name of update]

Don't use the brackets, but use quotes around the name if it has spaces in it. You can still download the update from Apple and install it manually.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post