SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Jack wad abandoned a puppy at a store
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jack wad abandoned a puppy at a store Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Some jackass left a puppy in a shopping cart at Lowes. Who does that? I don't know what kind it is, it's huge for being 12 weeks old.

Vet says he is healthy and about 12 weeks. Some people are just total worthless pieces of shit

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
Better there than out in the country.

I was squadded with someone at a match out in the country whose wife sent him a text message to not bring any dogs home with him. It seems that nearly every time he came out to this range he found an abandoned dog on the way home.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
So since you took him to the vet (at least how I read it), do you now have a new fur-ever buddy?

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
There's those that abandon infants in dumpsters. I'm sure there's plenty who will abandon a pet. At least whomever left it didn't put it in a sack and throw it in the river.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad day... hopefully the little guy has a new home now :-D

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I say that is better than stopping at a freeway side and letting a puppy out in traffic to be run over by other cars and just driving off.

Unfortunately, I happened to see it but did not get the plate number.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sister was behind some jackass in Florida who tossed a puppy out of a moving car into a vacant lot. That was 10 years ago and she still has the thing

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
There's those that abandon infants in dumpsters. I'm sure there's plenty who will abandon a pet. At least whomever left it didn't put it in a sack and throw it in the river.

Actually that's how I got one of my cats. Lady was on her way to the river and saw a pet adoption sign. As it was closer, she dropped the cat off.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I say that is better than stopping at a freeway side and letting a puppy out in traffic to be run over by other cars and just driving off.

Unfortunately, I happened to see it but did not get the plate number.

My daughter saw someone drop a kitten on the median strip in town. She stopped and picked it up and kept it. \

She took in a pit bull that wandered into their yard, poor thing weighed about half its normal weight. Thing is dangerous! He will lick you to death, if not run you over trying to get to you to say hello.

Had a neighbor years ago who saw some asshole drop a batch of kittens along the side of the road. Jim, being Jim, stopped and picked them up.

Followed the asshole home and dropped the kittens back in their driveway, with them watching.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
He left it where it was almost certain to be taken care of. Could have been worse.

I am not approving of this, but it wasn't that bad, all in all.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dogs and cats are dropped in rural areas every day.

The 3 dogs we have came from within 2 miles of our home, found walking down the road.

The cats? They just appeared.

All were taken to the Vet and fixed.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Some people are shit.

Thank you for helping! Let me know if you need some funds for the vet bill

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Gonna need some pictures of your new dog Smile

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
Some people are shit.

Thank you for helping! Let me know if you need some funds for the vet bill

This.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
About 18 months ago a mangy (literally covered from head to tail in mange so bad he barely had any hair left on him) pup about 6 months came sleeking to our place looking for food. Unfortunately an occurrence that happens quite frequently around here. I went out with my gun because he was too far gone to help and I was going to put him out of his misery. Well seems like this pup has blue eyes and when he looked at me my heart melted.
Well after a lot of home medicating, vet bills and months gaining his trust (it became apparent he had been beaten and abused) and love he is now my best buddy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: low8option,

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 876 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
We just rescued two rabbits dumped at a park in the 20 degree cold a few months ago and found by acquaintance. They would have not survived the night and there are coyotes in the area. They are smaller rabbits and very friendly. None of the shelters could take them so we are "fostering" them for now until we can find a good home for them but most likely will keep them. They both have already been to our great vet and the little guy neutered.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

Dog from low8option's post. Handsome pup!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I already have two large dogs from previous rescues, a third is not really an option. I think I have a home for him though

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
^ Good deal. The offer stands though.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Thanks PHPaul. I tried unsuccessfully for a long time and could not get the image to show up. What was I doing wrong?

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 876 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post