SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I would like to kick a Leupold DP engineer in the
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I would like to kick a Leupold DP engineer in the Login/Join 
posted
nuts. My wife gave me this optic (DeltaPoint, the first version) for Christmas a couple years ago. I just added it to my MKIII 22/45 to use for pins matches.

I want to commit violence because I forgot why I don't move this sight very often. To sight it in you must use the world's tiniest Torx driver. You use this masochistic POS to first loosen the two set screws for the adjustment screws. Then you adjust elevation and windage. Then you have to tighten back the two set screws. How do I know this? Because the zero wanders all over the fucking place if you forget this step.

So, to recap, to make a simple adjustment you have to use the worlds tiniest tool to make SIX separate screws adjusted. Then take two shots and repeat. Over and over. Holy shit.

Whatever engineer came up with this needs to be beaten senseless.

That is all. (Once adjusted it is a great sight)

(Until the battery dies and you have to remove the entire sight, insert new battery, and re sight in potentially) (Fuck)

Posts: 7345 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
My favorite optic sight in this class is the Burris fastfire3. No set screws, click detents on both axes, and battery changes are done from the top.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post