SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I’m not interested in your survey....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I’m not interested in your survey.... Login/Join 
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted
OK, so I stayed at your hotel, flew on your airline, got my car serviced at you dealership, ordered something from your web site. You always have to send me a survey to complete? How did we do? Would you recommend us to a friend? How would you rate our widget?

Just stop. I’m not interested. You’re wasting my time. Delete!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
99 cases out of 100, I agree.

I filled one out online today, and if anybody actually reads it, they're not going to be happy.

Never, EVER ask me what I think, because I'll tell you and I won't sugar coat it.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

Never, EVER ask me what I think, because I'll tell you and I won't sugar coat it.

PHP, I agree. The few I’ve filled out, were to complain about poor service. And I did not sugar coat it!

I was just reading the “Would you go to Mars” thread. If I went to Mars, when I got back Mars would send me a survey asking if I was satisfied with my experience!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

I filled one out online today, and if anybody actually reads it, they're not going to be happy.

Same here, I ignore all of these solicitations for reviews. I only write a review when I'm extremely pleased or pissed and I'm hard to please. You're more likely to get a negitive review when asking me, so just stop asking. All you are doing is pissing off your customers.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I often ignore them and wonder if anyone actually reads them. A couple of years ago I had a problem with a brand new BMW. They tried a couple of things to fix the problem and then the "service advisor" told me that they had done all they could do and when asked directly stated they would not honour the BMW warranty.
When I got home I received one of those service surveys. Turns out BMW corporate take them really seriously and intervened to get my problem resolved.

"Momma say's the pistol is the Devil's right hand."

Posts: 694 | Location: Ontario | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I loved was when my Chevy dealer coached me to answer the survey in a way guaranteed to show them as excellent.
What BS. Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Gotta' love 'em, especially when you work in an ER and they get sent out to patients.

"Nurse 2000Z-71, we got a survey back where the patient complained that you did not introduce yourself when entering the room."

"Ms. Administrator, should I have introduced myself as 2000Z-71 or Bitch Ass Cracker Mother Fucker which is how the patient chose to address me as I entered the room?"

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
What I loved was when my Chevy dealer coached me to answer the survey in a way guaranteed to show them as excellent.
What BS. Roll Eyes

Yeah. Same thing here, even after their windshield washer blueberry koolaid refill froze on the windshields of two vehicles and jeopardized my life and my wife's life. The shit froze in the washer fluid bottles on both cars. For the second or third time in 20 years at two different dealerships. Yeah. I told GM about it in the survey. I offer pics of the frozen reservoir bottles. They brushed me off and said it was a dealer problem. So fuck you GM, Chevrolet, and Cadillac. Individually and collectively. I am done with your UAW fellating shit. You can shove your surveys up your ass. You don't fucking care.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Hah, you want a survey? I actually filed a formal complaint with the State Attorney general for some mild fraud I witnessed at a business. Thank's for the survey, which reminded me to file a complaint. Already been contacted by an investigator.

And some douche nozzle begged me for all five star reviews as a server at a restaurant. Kept going on and on about how it affects his hours and pay. 4 minutes of him begging and pleading for me to give him a 5 star review. I was honest with my review. He sucked, and the begging at the end pissed me off.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I often get free stuff after submitting surverys, so I do them. Honestly.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:

And as someone who occasionally has to use the results of surveys to fix service issues, THANK YOU for your honesty. You can't fix a problem if you don't know the specifics of the problem, or even that you have a problem.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
The best one I received was actually for my father. Dad had been in the hospital where he passed away.
About 10 days later a survey arrived from the hospital wanting my father to rate them on their service.
I answered all their questions (for dad) and followed every answer with the phrase "and then I died".
I always wondered if someone actually read it.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Getting asked to do a survey every single time you buy anything does get friggin OLD! I buy an ink cartridge at Best Buy. I mean what do you say? It friggin black INK! Geez

I worked at a car dealership years ago where the service advisor got a Man of the year award. Somehow the cheesy bastard figured out how to get them all sent to him and he filled them all out himself! He was so Proud!! What a joke.

The only good part is that SOME places really do care about doing what it takes to get a positive review. My last Dealership car service I had done I let the service advisor know that if I got ONE stinking sales call from them I'd give them a ZERO on the survey. - It worked. :-)

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I do the surveys and give good reviews for my local stores, like Walmart, Papa Johns, etc..

As anyone who's been in retail knows, on the good side, only surveys with 10s count, and yes, they do mean something to the store and/or employee you might mention by name.

A nasty review also gets noticed.

Nobody cares about a middling review or score.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Stayed at a Hilton in Dallas three months ago. Booked thru Hotels.com. Check-in conducted by an inept trainee with zero interpersonal skills. Room heater did not work and it was cold. $14.09/night parking garage roomkey-operated gate did not function. Received a survey from Hotels.com the morning after check-in & listed all of the above issues.

To my absolute amazement I was visited by the hotel manager within an hour of hitting "send" on the survey. I received an apology, was moved to a suite and refunded one full night's stay.

Hotels.com checked back with me via email later that day to ensure that action had been taken by the hotel. I virtually never do surveys but I was so pissed about the situation that I sent this one in. Still shocked and amazed at the result & now a Hotels.com fan.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I just called in to pay a medical bill by credit card.

You guessed it. Would I mind taking a survey after paying my bill? No thanks, I don't have time.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I called Sig Sauer CS with questions about my two mags and a bag promo, to see where the freakin mags were (just got them last week.) and Sig just sent me an email about how the CS was. Sig CS has always handled my calls professionally and with great results, but the "how could we help you better" question at the end was a nice catharsis to their ineptitudes on the promotion.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
since none of my expressed concerns or circumstance's were addressed from 1978 to 1988
I only answer them when I have a royal bitch or moan

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Gotta' love 'em, especially when you work in an ER and they get sent out to patients.

Press Ganey has become the bane of healthcare. Years ago when they did random sampling of a small number of patients, the surveys may have had some value. Now I'm convinced they send surveys to every patient so that means the regulars could be being surveyed 10-15 times per month. That won't skew the results. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7311 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did one recently for Mattress Warehouse. The salesman was good. I told him what I wanted and my budget. He showed me what he had in the price range, and wound up throwing in the delivery and removal fees. I know that was at his discretion because I went to a closer branch two days before and got a very different experience. I liked the mattress but hated the salesguy. He tried to get me for $80 for delivery and $30 to remove the old bedding. The other guy didn't. So yeah, three minutes for a survey I can do.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post