SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Not mad, but despondant, hallelujah ! ( update)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not mad, but despondant, hallelujah ! ( update) Login/Join 
posted
Went to look for my 10 y.o. raincoat today , it was a light rain , outside.

Paid $45.00 for it ,way back when.

can not find it anywhere,
I purposely never wore it in too any restaurants, for fear of forgetting it on the coat rack.

It fit great, was comfortable,albeit very warm as it was rubber coated.

best rain coat I ever had, thought I would have it forever.
only piece of clothing that I ever misplaced Frown

I won't melt in the rain w/o it , but it was a nice piece of outerwear

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That’s sucks, man. I hope you find it in the back of the closet or something. Maybe it slipped the hanger?

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rubber coated? Must have weighed a ton.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Wait until the next sunny day and look, it's right where you left it and will pop right out at you, however, your hat and sunscreen will be missing....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Damn Gorton Fisherman probably stole it.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If you find it, see if my Maui Jim shades and car key are there, too. Both are expensive to replace.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a discount code for 20% off from LL Bean. Want it?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once you stop looking for it, it'll magically appear.

I have a very comfy, very unique pair of red sandals that my husband actually likes (we do not have the same taste in shoes) I knew I wore them back in April. I had been driving myself crazy looking for them, on & off the last 3 months. I happened to find them last week when I was looking for something else. Hopefully you will find it soon.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Go buy yourself a brand new one, then burn the receipt. The old one will materialize within a week...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I checked at three other houses, called three restaurants, checked the garage and two cars.

maybe it will bring happiness to someone, maybe they needed it more.

disappointed in myself mostly .

its pretty hard to misplace a jacket in a 800 sq ft apt.

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I checked at three other houses, called three restaurants, checked the garage and two cars.

maybe it will bring happiness to someone, maybe they needed it more.

disappointed in myself mostly .

its pretty hard to misplace a jacket in a 800 sq ft apt.

Many years ago my father in law could not find his raincoat after his mother's funeral. It was a cold and rainy day. We looked through the entire funeral home and could not find it. He drove the several hundred miles back to his hometown despondent about his mother's death and the loss of his raincoat. Several weeks later someone from the small town funeral home called. A man had taken his raincoat by mistake and all he had to do was to drive several hundred miles to get it. It turns out that a fellow with early onset dementia had taken my father in laws coat by mistake. It was rather funny because my father in law was a BIG man and this guy was small. Apparently, someone else had noticed that the raincoat was five sizes too large for him.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thats the other thing it was a 4 xl !

whom ever has it is pretty good size

posted Hide Post
I hate that too. Mostly tools for me. Buy a new tool, do not use it for a while, need it,,,really need it and cannot find it.

My rain gear stays in the saddle bags of my motorcycle.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deen
posted Hide Post
It'll be in the last place you look.

It's always in the last place you look.

Because you stop looking when you find it.

Hope that's helpful.

Wink

Posts: 1572 | Location: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
No luck with the shades or car key, but I did find a tool today that I'd been missing for some time. Smile

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hallelujah!

F O U N D ! it

posted Hide Post
OK, where was it hiding? Big Grin

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess, when when I cleaned out the car , I put it in a plastic tote , and put it in a storage room in the basement.

Today when I went to add some oil to the LeSabre
I had to lift it ( the coat) up to get to the oil .

Roll Eyes

I am the happiest guy you know on the forum , at least until noon,
after all .,

I am an apprentice curmudgeon

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
And there was much rejoicing

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Good for you! Was my Klein Electrician's Tool in there with it?

Been looking for that sucker for over a year.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post